Learn More   Dismiss
We use cookies

Just like every other website in the world, we use cookies to provide our services to users.

Recent Discord Boards Users Sign in Register

[Mod] Metal Arms in Springfield 1.4

Profile Image
SomeBot
2 months ago (via mobile) · edited
What is this? Watch the video and find out!

Metal Arms in Springfield is a one-level campaign mod starring Glitch from Metal Arms: Glitch in the System! Basically, it's Metal Arms re-imagined in the Simpsons world. You'll be riding a (turretless) RAT all over Road Rage Returns' Evergreen Terrace map. Unfortunately for you, I ain't spoilin' the plot. The best part of this mod is that it's not compiled, meaning you can go searching the files inside the mod with no trouble and see how I managed to do some of the unique things (such as randomizing the enemy spawn locations in the fourth mission)!

There are four difficulty levels in this mod just like in Metal Arms. At least I was generous enough to make an "Easy" difficulty.

When I initially showed the preview, I sort of misled you by accident as I didn't intend to show most of the fighting segment(s) in the mission shown, so to live up to everyone's conjectured expectations, expect this mod to become slightly repetitive with those parts. Besides, Metal Arms has always been like that (in a good way).

There is a separate music mod that is used solely for MAiS, which I appropriately named "Metal Arms in Springfield Music." Though, this music mod can be used with and without other mods. The only problem with that mod is that it uses Level 2's RMS file, so if you use this while playing Mission 0, no music will play until you exit that mission.

I put perhaps too many things in this mod already for a one-level campaign, but at least I'm more impressed with this mod than with my abomination, Some Challenge Mod.

DOWNLOADS

Metal Arms in Springfield 1.4 (Without the custom music)
https://mega.nz/#!uZx0QSrJ!8RIXYcClg42PbloNdj0uql95sxYVISQ-Qdffsdle5HY

Metal Arms in Springfield Music 1.0
https://mega.nz/#!OcQBib7D!i5LVuDNvNcDmzWyc8W_HuxhWUNfRpDsZxYwPmMHVQIg

VERSION HISTORY

• Not-So-Wasteland Chase
    • The frame rate is now less likely to drop after re-entering the RAT
  • Last Minute Effort
    • Fixed the enemies on Normal using the catchup parameters for Hard difficulty
    • Easy difficulty used Normal's catchup params, so the params for Easy were nerfed too
  • The Vlax Straw
    • Fixed the enemies using incorrect stats on Normal (should be easier now)

• Hold Your Ground
    • For the sake of keeping a more consistent difficulty in this mission, the spawn-location randomizer is less random in some waves as some random patterns were significantly harder than others. This was very noticeable on higher difficulties. In fact, one of the patterns was impossible to beat on Nuts of Steel.

• Game no longer uses the stupid collisions sounds
  • Added "Stupid Collision Sounds" setting which goes back to using those sounds
  • Fully Operational
    • Time is now added when an enemy is destroyed on Normal and lower
  • Last Minute Effort
    • Fixed weaker enemies on Easy having the same amount of HP on Normal
    • Fixed main target using incorrect stats on Easy
    • Main target has less HP on Normal and lower
  • That's My Horse
    • Enemies are now slightly more dumb on Normal and lower

• Fixed the numbers being slightly misaligned with the slash during races and collect-a-thons
  • The two optional vehicles are slightly easier to control

Uhh.... enjoy?
Profile Image
Darknight
2 months ago
this is in RRR mod dude how? lol anyway this is ganna be amazing!!
Profile Image
SomeBot
2 months ago (via mobile) · edited
Yep, my polls from my other mod's post have migrated to this post...

THIS POLL IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PREVIOUSLY PLAYED SCM. THIS WILL HELP TELL ME HOW HARD MAiS SHOULD BE.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12358438
Profile Image
SomeBot
1 month ago · edited
Can you believe I actually released this? And I was just going to wait a few more days! Oh well, find the downloads in the post!

inb4 somebody reports a bug I was too lazy to fix.
Profile Image
Darknight
1 month ago
lol yay cant wait to play!!
Please login to contribute to the conversation.