Forum Mod Bakery Docs

What has Changed?

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
So, I havent visited the site (or, should i say, this community) in about 3 months-ish. I come here and see the new website. Coolcool. But has anything actually changed? Any new mods to play? Any development progress (screenshots, etc.) on episode 2 for DM? I come here, and see... not much. So... is DM going anywhere?

And yes, I do see posts from staff saying "we're working on it, we have personal lives," etc. But, I don't see anything that's even related to the development of DM, or development of anything in the community. I saw the Speedy Simpsons mod thread, which is still at the same version as it was 3 months ago, despite it then saying it would be released... "soon"

What has Changed?

Edit: Before anyone says rude things/i get a free forum ban because I'm "slandering the DM staff" I'm not. I'm just wondering/also ranting about how this site hasn't seemed to be getting anywhere for the last 3 months. Nothing new on the site much at all.  But am I wrong?
I know that The Speedy Simpsons Mod is still the same version as it was a year ago, BUT I am working on version 1.03... It's taken me some time to get used to modding SHAR after nearly a year... but I'm working on it! I'll release v1.03 at the end of June, with 6 languages - English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Lithuanian!

~ legomariofanatic (Creator of The Speedy Simpsons Mod)
Donut Mod: The Seaside Update is currently in development and is scheduled for release very soon. We have been busy with a lot, but I'm happy to say I have been cruising in level three with a bunch of new missions and objectives. @Cornholio309 really knows how to make a good level. Donut Mod is a thing to stay, at least until all seven levels are completed and we believe it is essentially bug free.

I did end up posting a screenshot too, mainly of a bug that happens because of a new hack but: you can see that here.

--

Another thing is, we were very busy with developing the new website (which 3 months ago didn't really exist). We also have been busy with new projects that we'll announce in the future.
I've also been working on tutorials for modding this game so more people can create awesome mods like Donut Mod or the Speedy Simpsons Mod. I imagine this community can do a lot of cool stuff, you guys just have to learn like we did and we're here to help.
I also left for a period of time but recently came back.
Kyle: Glad you are back :)

To jake: I'm not challenging you, but... this has happened before. Not just with you, but for many mod projects and such. For DM specifically, around a year ago, wasn't the full release of DM "coming very soon"? Then we got the episode thing, and it said that it would be out very soon, in december. Then we waited, but it didn't come until after another two weeks. And now, it appears to be the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to slander you guys, I swear. This same thing happens with other mods for other games. For example, take minecraft mods or custom mapmakers. They say "It'll be out very soon" but then, a lot of the time, it doesn't come out.

I saw the pic, but i mean, that isn't really anything related to progress of episode 2 (or... level 3, since i heard that the episode thing isn't a thing anymore).

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Edit: Loren, glad you're making tutorials for modding SHR.

As you can see here, we have a full level select available for level 3. It's actually very close to being finished, we're patching bugs and finishing some bonus content. We changed to the episodic format and now we're just doing updates. We have no set date for level 3, publicly. Though we have one set internally that we're going to follow.