Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Launching error

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Okay so I got the new Launcher with all the fixin's and stuff but when I go to launch it it gives me a Error message that says.

"The minimum install of the game is currently not supported. Please copy the "movies" folder and "dialog.rcf" from The Simpsons Hit & Run CD 1 to yur game directory."

And I tried to find my Game directory and I don't know where it is. Please HELP!!!!
Hey man that probably means that you SHAR is RIP version(a version without movies or dialog) or you installation are incomplete...
because you dont have a legitimate bought cd copy of the game
This error message is the Mod Launcher stating that you do not have the files required to run the game.

Off the retail disc, this game supports two install modes. Minimum and Full. The former reads the dialog audio (contained in "dialog.rcf") and the movies off the game disc to conserve space on the user's computer (1GB of space was more of a concern back in 2003). Due to complications with this mode, the Mod Launcher does not support it.

If you installed the game from official retail CDs, then do you can insert CD 1 and copy the "movies" folder and "dialog.rcf" to the directory in which you installed the game. This defaults to the path below though you may have moved it elsewhere.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Vivendi Universal Games\The Simpsons Hit & Run

If you obtained the game via other means then I apologize but we cannot assist you with completing your install of the game.