Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Chase Sedan siren?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
does someone know how to remove Chase Sedan siren? i added a New car (just a repaint of the Chase Sedan), but how to remove the siren?

thanks.
You Have to Change The Horn In Car Tune.
Its Location is in Scripts
Assuming you mean the siren on the roof of the car, you'll want to delete several files that reference its animation including animations (of course), animation groups, old frame controllers, old billboard quad groups, and the texture/shader if you want. You'll know the files when you see them; they'll have "siren" somewhere in the name. Then all you have to do is delete them. You should also delete the mesh for the siren if you want that gone, and set "Multitrack Controller Tracks" to 1 instead of 2. And like Darruscars said, you may also want to change the car's "car_tune" entry to accommodate the change you made. You can extract "car_tune.spt" from "carsound.rcf" and put it in sound/scripts.
thanks for your help both :) but i did all of this things but for some reason the game crashes when i call the car from the phonebooth.
That could be due to a number of reasons, so you might want to leave a link to your mod here or go to the Donut Team Discord server and ask about it in the mod help section.