Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher Linux Launcher

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
GitHub Repository
Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher Linux Launcher is a project I've been working on to bring SHAR mods to Linux in full. The aims of this project are to tightly integrate with your Linux installation, and deliver a smooth experience that feels less like you're using Wine to run a Windows program, and more like you're using any other Linux application. This is achieved by utilizing the many features of Linux desktop environments such as desktop entries and MIME types, explored more in depth in the Readme.

Here's a demonstration of some of it's features:
Bump: The tutorial is ready yo.
So, if you've followed this tutorial recently, you may have noticed that the .NET 3.5 installation was failing. I've made a GitHub Issue about it here, the fix seems to be to use Wine version 2.11 (The latest.) staging. There's also further complications with forwarding the log. If the installation hangs at err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bd10500 "../../../wine-staging/dlls/ntdll/virtual.c: csVirtual" wait timed out in thread 0156, blocked by 015c, retrying (60 sec), and you aren't forwarding the log (i.e. using the exact command winetricks dotnet35sp1), please say so in that GitHub issue.

Unrelated, I plan on making an automated installation of this sometime, so the only thing you have to do is just run a bash script. So look forward to that if you're lazy I guess.
Nice Work :D
Thanks!

So, I have an update regarding the dotnet35sp1 installation. Thanks to qwertychouskie, we now have a way to get around the hang. More details are here.
Not sure if you're still active here or not. Anyway, I had a look at your link about dotnet35sp1 but am not clear on what the problem or solution is. Here's my log:

Using winetricks 20180217 - sha256sum: 1b156c616174f41df79d72a90c52eb2b110c63a6e8ecb865d303a8f9f0908924 with wine-3.0 (Ubuntu 3.0-1ubuntu1) and WINEARCH=win32
Executing w_do_call dotnet35sp1
------------------------------------------------------
error: dotnet35sp1 conflicts with dotnet20sp1, which is already installed.
------------------------------------------------------

I'll try running Windows 7 from a virtual machine now since I'm getting performance issues with the vanilla game on Ubuntu anyway. Could take a while to set up though.
Virtual machine had audio problems and quite severe performance problems - not just the odd frame drop. Don't really want to go the dual-booting route. Bump?
> Anyway, I had a look at your link about dotnet35sp1 but am not clear on what the problem or solution is. Here's my log:
error: dotnet35sp1 conflicts with dotnet20sp1, which is already installed.
This is the result of either a non clean Wine prefix being used, or a failed .NET 3.5 SP1 installation. To get around this, a new Wine prefix must be used (either by removing the directory or setting $WINEPREFIX. This is under the assumption that you are manually installing it, going off of the Ubuntu traces in your log.

> Not sure if you're still active here or not.
I actively respond to any questions on the Discord server, this thread I don't check often. Apologies for the late response.

> Virtual machine had audio problems and quite severe performance problems - not just the odd frame drop.
VMs are, in fact, a subpar solution.
I will be bringing the old tutorial back, possibly in the form of a website if I have the time to learn how to do so. In the meantime, this is the current state of things.
Thank you so much for making this. I'm using Debian 10, and Lutris didn't work for me. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, as I'm not very experienced in building .deb packages from source, but as that seems like the only way to get it to run on Debian 10, how do I get the files into the appropriate directories? I don't see any configure file or CMakeLists. Do I manually move them there using a command like sudo mv to get into /usr?