Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Unable to open the Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher, and Lucas .p3d editor

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello, I'm unable to open the Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher, and Lucas .p3d editor. For the mod launcher, I click it, and open it but almost immediately after opening the program, it says that it has encountered a problem, therefore, needs to close. The error signature contains the following information: EventType : clr20r3 P1 : gcmt0l3ejtxkhj55exub0fodjujogrzj P2 : 1.15.3.0
P3 : 58e54129 P4 : lucas simpsons hit _ run mod launcher P5 : 1.15.3.0
P6 : 58e54129 P7 : 1b1 P8 : bf P9 : system.invalidoperationexception

And with the .p3d editor, it's able to open just fine, and when I open a .p3d file (tested with cBlbart.p3d (The Black Alien Ferrari)) it seems to work as intended, but when I select a listed file that's not a .bmp file, the following popup appears: Unhanded exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I'm unable to decipher such error reports, and I would appreciate it if someone where able to interpret these into terms I could understand, and give me a solution. Thanks!

It should also be noted that I have the game installed under my Program Files folder, and I'm running 32-bit windows XP with 2.20 GHz, and 2.87 GB of RAM (that might be the issue right there, and please tell me if it is)
Your amount of ram/processor speed shouldn't matter in this case, however I can't be quite sure without more in-depth system analysis.

I recommend trying to install .NET 3.5 if you haven't already. It's a dependency that both the mod launcher and Pure3D Editor rely on.

Download .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 from Microsoft:
www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22

If the problem continues after, we can look further into it. Thanks.

EDIT: Changed the link to the download for Service Pack 1.
Thank you for your response, Jake Andreøli. By installing .NET 3.5, I'm now successfully able to run, and operate the Lucas .p3d editor without any difficulties and that part of the problem has been resolved. However, I'm still unable to run the mod launcher, and it contains the same error information. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled The Simpsons: Hit and Run, but no luck. I've recorded and uploaded a video of myself attempting to run the launcher. By watching the video provided, you might be able to catch the flaw(s) and inform me. Thank you!

Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx4Y8UN1R1g
try installing direct x www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
I already had DirectX installed prior to this situation. But thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate your help.
which direct x? because the tool requires direct x 8.0 or 9.0 around there at least
I have V.9.0c installed on my computer currently.
DirectX isnt the issue here.

I'll have to forward this over to Lucas. He may have a solution.
You could try installing .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, Lucas says this is what he tests his programs with on XP.

.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 from Microsoft:
www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22
Thank you Jake Andreøli, I've downloaded recommended software, and now able to successfully able to run the Lucas' Mod Launcher. The issue has been resolved. I appreciate your help, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing the 'Donut Mod'. Best Regards.