Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Donut Mod future suggestions

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Here are some suggestions for future update of Donut Mod:

-Possibly replace that ugly Family Sedan with the one from Homer' s Adventure Mod (credit Colou), whose is pretty good. Because a simply retextured Skinner Sedan isn't very original.
-Adjust the Plow King icon, that isn't proportionated if compared with the others, since the Plow King is a big car and needs a BIG icon.
-You could also replace the Plow King with the Cube Van, whose was present in old versions of the mod. Just to add more custom cars.
-Finally, i sincerely suggest to make the LMLM decompilable, just to make content more accessible to other modders, and stop keeping your mods "private". This is also true for Multiplayer Cars And Characters mod.
[deleted user]
6 yrs ago (Statistics)
Nice ideas, but, HA's family sedan is made by Colou, so credit him c:
EDIT: always wanted to see what's inside DT, to look how things working in it
[deleted user]
6 yrs ago (Statistics)
I'd like to address some of these:

-The Family Sedan is most likely going to be replaced in Donut Mod 4 with a roofed variant of the original that Donut Team crafts themselves.
-I'm not sure what you mean by the "Plow King Icon". Do you mean the picture of it that appears in the phonebooth?
-I don't work on the mod with the dev team, so I can't be 100% certain, but Donut Mod will likely never be decompilable. They put a lot of effort into the stuff they make and it would be a shame if someone just took their resources and used them in their creation instead of trying their hand at making something of their own.

Thanks for posting!
I mean the Plow King phonebooth icon.
And yes, i remember in DM 3 there was a roofed original family sedan, but it was ugly.
Yh DM will never be decompilable... you can decompile RRR tho.. soo...
"Possibly replace that ugly Family Sedan with the one from Homer' s Adventure Mod (credit Colou), whose is pretty good. Because a simply retextured Skinner Sedan isn't very original."

We've already shown our new Family Sedan for Donut Mod 4. Here's a picture to bring you up to speed:

"Adjust the Plow King icon, that isn't proportionated if compared with the others, since the Plow King is a big car and needs a BIG icon."

We'll keep this in mind when we remake all of the icons in higher resolution for Donut Mod 4.

"You could also replace the Plow King with the Cube Van, whose was present in old versions of the mod. Just to add more custom cars."

We're not removing the Plow King though the Cube Van might be available in Donut Mod 4, the rewards list has not been completely sorted out yet.

"Finally, i sincerely suggest to make the LMLM decompilable"

There are no plans for this.
dear Loren, i think that the roof is a bit too high for the car that is long and slim...
the roof of Mischievous Night' s Family Sedan looks suitable, because it is lower than the one you created.
[deleted user]
6 yrs ago (Statistics)
the problem with the family sedan is that the car was never intended to have a roof in the game. Which means that the proportions make it difficult to add a roof onto it. the car used in Mischievous Night is only used by bart so you dont notice this as the character is a lower height. but any adult character will have their head poking out of the roof of the sedan. i assume this is why the roof for the donut mod sedan has to be higher. its probably the best they can do for now however the sedan always changes in every version of donut mod plus DM4 isnt released yet so maybe the proportions of the car get changed before the release.
Macca makes a great point.
First, thanks for all the kind words about my car! I'm considering re-doing it because, as Jack pointed out, there are a few lighting issues. As for fixing the proportions of the DM4 car, try stretching the actual body for it to become a bit taller, which can be done easily in Blender by selecting push/pull and holding middle click. I did this on an old attempt at making a roofed family sedan and it worked perfectly. You can also raise the body up a bit to help with that. You don't really notice that it's sitting any higher off of the wheels, as the family sedan rests quite low anyway.

Here's an example of what I mean:
I gave up on this one after a while