Today we have a few small announcements to go through:
Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate!
It's that time of year again, eat a turkey and fall asleep on the couch while your aunt goes on and on about her last vacation. We wanted to wish all those who do celebrate this holiday a Happy Thanksgiving. To everyone else, happy Thursday!
United States visitors will notice that we've added a banner to the top of our website promoting net neutrality. Donut Team supports a free and open internet that can not be controlled or skewed by your Internet Service Provider. Please contact your congress members to tell them to block this FCC vote. You can visit https://battleforthenet.com/ for more information.
Jake leaving the modding team
Jake has decided to leave the modding team, you can read his personal thoughts below:
Donut Team was founded in 2013 as a modding group with three founders; Loren, Kenny and I. For the last four years we've worked together on many mods, events and projects. It has been a once in a life time opportunity and I am happy to have had the opportunity to talk and collaborate with my team and so many of you.
However going forward, I will be removing myself from the modding aspect and will focus exclusively on new ventures. I am not leaving Donut Team at current time, I just have no intention of working on any mods, tools, trailers, or event pages. I will continue working with my team by giving feedback on upcoming content.
This has been a long time coming, which my team knows as my involvement has dropped drastically in the last 2 years.
So what is changing right now:
- I will be distancing myself from the modding aspect of Donut Team and it's community.
- I will no longer be actively working with the team on new modding related content.
- My Discord has been removed from the staff member list to prevent people from contacting me about stuff I am no longer a part of.
So what isn't changing right now:
- Donut Team will continue to work on and produce new content such as Donut Mod 4, Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Map Builder and many others.
- I will personally give feedback to my team for upcoming projects.
- I will continue to talk in our Discord and forum with our community and be an active community member.
I look forward to seeing what happens in the near future and can't wait to see where my team heads with this all.
Thanks for reading, we'll have more news on content updates in the near future.