Forum Mod Bakery Docs

nobody seems to play this anymore

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
is it true? if you want to play together contact me here or on youtube www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8mRJ8JnCw4CkqMn0elJOQ
This is a bit of a broad question.

Because this was posted in "Mod Help", I have difficulties understanding if this was a question directed towards the state of SHAR modding or if this was a question directed towards SHAR as a whole. Judging by your "if you want to come play together" statement, I assume you're referring to Lucas' Multiplayer hack? In which case, it's much preferred you ask in our official Discord if you'd like to play a game. You're much more likely to get a quicker response due to the nature of how Discord functions.

If your question pertains to the unmodded game, SHAR is an older title. It might not receive the same amount of attention as more recent titles do, but it still has a fanbase that revisits the game frequently. In addition to the game's healthy speedrunning community, people still play this game casually very often. While modding the game is also very easy, I personally feel there are a lot of factors that can contribute to the slow mod releases. This includes fine-tuning the mod and finding dialog that forms a somewhat coherent story starring the Simpsons cast, for instance.

I'm also going to go ahead and move this to Off-Topic for the time being since there's no real modding help that you're looking for.
Are you referring to multiplayer? If so, it's charm wears off fairly quickly when you realise there's not much to do.