Forum Mod Bakery Docs

A Thank You To The Donut Team Community!

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
6 yrs ago (Statistics)
Hi, it's Thomas,

I've been thinking of making this post for a while now, and it seems now might just be the right time. Before we dive into this, I have to introduce myself.

Introduction
I'm Thomas Donofri, I am an aspie that loves to mod hit & run. I've been in this community since about June/July 2015. My entrance to the community wasn't the best. I was quick to speak and slow to think. I frequently created problems. While this wasn't intentional, I created rifts in the community and made life harder for the staff. I have made many mistakes, while I have learned from these, the impact of my actions has slowed the growth of this community. In fact, a handful of rules (both site and discord) where a result of my actions. This goes back to my mind being so fast my brain "short-circuits." It is by no means an excuse, but merely a reason and motivation for me to change.

Ok, you're a jerk, so why are you wasting our time?
Ok, I just wanted to introduce you to myself so you can better understand how much Donut Team has changed my life for the better. I have learned more life skills in the past 3 years than the rest of my life. I've learned how to deal with constructive feedback. I've also learned how to work with other people as a team. This community has taught me so many things some people like me take decades to learn.

Big McThankies From McSpankies
Now to the point of this post, I want to personally thank everyone in the staff and some of the community for helping me. I had a rough time dealing with my short circuits, to the point where drama ensued. It got to the point where my friends started to leave and/or "turn on me." I had a big realization in July 2017. I had to change because I was driving people away and making people angry. I hurt my friends. I have not made any major drama since, and I have been pursuing healthier outlets for my stress. I'm now a high school senior, life is changing so much right now and I wanted to take some time to reflect. I don't care if this gets deleted, I just wanted to show people that Donut Team is such an amazing community, and the people in charge are very helpful.

Thank You,
Thomas Donofri
Over the last few months we've seen several improvements from you and you've really shown that you're a great community member. Everyone struggles with something, and this was just one of your struggles. (Hell, I struggled with a lot of similar things when I was younger).

Very proud to see how far you've come Thomas, and hope to see even more improvements in your life overall. The things you mention here are life skills that will help you wherever you go, and it makes me genuinely happy that we were able to help (even if it wasn't always in the best of times or the best of spirits)

Very good read.
Thanks Tom, been a good while