Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Help with black alien

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.

Side windows see through the entire map with the exception of the wheels. Is there a way to fix this, an alternative would be to set the windshield shader blend to none which would fix the problem but it doesn't seem as immersive.

I've fixed most of the crashes when skimming over the vehicle in the phone booth but when I try to select it to spawn, the game crashes with no error message, just the generic Microsoft crash error.

The game also has a nice process where it smooths out the cars model but when exporting and importing, the smoothness is lost. Is there a way to smooth the models out again?
[deleted user]
6 yrs ago (Statistics)
You are using an older version of the P3D editor which had a broken line of code making the models look low res.
The most recent version is 4.1.1 which you can download below.
donutteam.com/downloads?type=6

I'm not too sure about your other issues though. I hope that someone else is able to help you with them.
Never got around to updating even though I had a year. I assume it would be too late for the model to update. Thanks anyhow.
[deleted user]
6 yrs ago (Statistics)
One thing that i forgot to mention which isn't exactly an answer to your question but is a workaround that radical used is to hide the inside of the car. You can do this by adding a black square like they attach to the drivers in the traffic vehicles. Since the red Ferrini has an interior you could edit that and paste it into the black Ferrini or you could remove the driver from the black square that covers up the missing interior.
Thanks, that is a work around I've been thinking about but I've just decided to tint the side windows.

I also finally got the car to work with the phone booth. Took thirty minutes but I renamed everything from bart to alien in the .p3d editor.
Pardon my horrible driving

One last thing, When I transported my game from another computer, most of the modded vehicles sounds were cut. I also can't find out how to route vehicle sounds to my custom one. I've tried creating an entity for it in the sounds/scripts/car_tune but it doesn't do anything.