Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Modding Street Race 3

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I Was modding sr3 , and i got crash , dont know why , can someone help, Please?

here is the file : l1sr3
other thing , i want to add destroy the same vehicle i was following after that , how to do it?
I think I see your issue here.

I noticed that you're using the AddStageWaypoint function to have the truck follow sr3_waypoint. However, sr3_navpoint2 doesn't actually exist in the P3D file. You either need to create that or comment it out.

As for your other question, you can use the ActivateVehicle function in the next stage to turn the car you had to hit into a car you have to destroy. 

ActivateVehicle("clone_v","NULL","target")
Put this in the next stage, define what waypoints it will follow again, and make sure the objective is set to "destroy","neither", and make sure clone_v is set to be the target car.

First try the fix I suggested and let me know if that works. Then, let me know if setting the objective to "destroy","neither" works okay. Make sure you re-add the waypoints again though if you still want clone_v to follow the same route!
I removed sr3_navpoint2 part from the mfk , but it still crashes when entering the Street Race
I noticed you're trying to use the Bonestorm Box explosion effect in the mission, but it isn't loaded in sr3l.mfk.

LoadP3DFile("art\missions\level01\boxexpld.p3d");
Put this into sr3l.mfk, then try again.
it Didnt work D:
Hmm.

I noticed another pretty big thing that I managed to overlook the first time around: You're not telling the game what car is set to be the target.

Put this under AddObjective("dump","neither"):

SetObjTargetVehicle("clone_v")
That tells the game what the target vehicle is meant to be. Without it, the game freaks out and crashes.
Thanks so much , it worked :)
Anytime! Sorry about completely missing that earlier, as that was certainly what was causing it to crash. I think if the argument to use the bonestorm explosion effect is in place but the P3D isn't actually loaded, the game just won't use any collectible effect for the items. That could've been contributing to the crash and I might be wrong though.

One final bit of advice I have is to change "Male2" to "male2". This isn't causing any major issues, but NPC names need to lower-cased, otherwise the driver won't show up.

Let me know if you have any troubles with making the car destroy-able! 
i added the part of destroying car, and is crashing after i collect the boxes
AddStage(0);   SetStageMessageIndex(79);
   SetHUDIcon( "cletus_v" );
        ActivateVehicle("clone_v","NULL","target")
   AddStageWaypoint( "sr3_navpoint1" );
   AddStageWaypoint( "sr3_navpoint3" );
   AddStageWaypoint( "sr3_navpoint4" );
   AddObjective("destroy","neither");
      SetObjTargetVehicle("clone_v");
   CloseObjective();
   SetStageTime(120);
   AddCondition("timeout");
   CloseCondition();
   AddCondition("outofvehicle");
      SetCondTime( 10000 );
   CloseCondition();
   AddCondition( "damage" );
      SetCondMinHealth( 0.0 );
      SetCondTargetVehicle( "current" );
   CloseCondition();
   ShowStageComplete();
CloseStage();

CloseMission();
what is the error? D:
(I Loaded the icon cletus_v, and i did put close stage before) (the last part , of outovehicle , is the only that i put here D:
Did you add the icon in other file of the race such as
LoadP3DFile( "art\frontend\dynaload\images\msnicons\location\kwike.p3d" ); (This is an example)