Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Car Sound Editing

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello again. Sorry for spamming the forum with my silly questions, tho I think some of my questions also benefit some other people, so it's 50/50...

My question is: how can I edit carsounds in SHAR?

I added a vechile with CustomCarSupport hack and I tried to put sound to it by extracting a random car's file, changing the sound names depending on the names in the files of the other cars, and I saved it in CustomFiles/sounds/scripts/car_v with the same name as the .p3d file (car_v). However, when I call in the vechile and when I drive the car it has NO driving sound nor horn. I usually figure things out or check the spelling, but no luck. So was wondering if any car creators could help me with my lil issue.

Note: if there is already a thread with a legit answer about it, please direct me to it and I'll delete this thread (or something).

P.S. Sorry again for spamming the questions.
You want to add a carSoundParameters entry for it in sound\scripts\car_tune.spt.

The other sound scripts are largely just to define daSoundResourceData entries which are referenced by the carSoundParameters in car_tune.spt.

Also Radical hardcodedly loads specific SPT files so adding an additional file like you tried to do sadly would not work. This means that if you wanted to define additional daSoundResourceData entries to use in your carSoundParameters then you'd need to add them to one of the scripts that already exists (I recommend using sound\scripts\carsound.spt for this purpose).

EDIT: Sorry, I accidentally made a couple mistakes in my original post here. I believe this information is accurate now.
Thanks for the info! All I did is just copied the car's sound I'd want for my custom car and I just added a new section in car_tune.spt file and it worked. However the carsound.spt option did not work.

I was creating a sport's car for Agnes, so what I did:
-I did all the .p3d file stuff, then I just shoved the files to the need-to-be folders. (cars, scripts and dynaload/cars).
-I extracted the car_tune.spt file to my sound/scripts folder.
-I just copied the sounds in the car_tune.spt file I want/like from another car, pasted it at the bottom of the file and renamed it from like "famil_v" to "agnes_v" (which I named the car in the files) BUT I left all the other names as they were (like famil_horn) and that worked for me.

So yeah. Thanks again for enlighting me Loren! <3
This post has been removed.
6 yrs ago (Statistics)
This post has been removed.
6 yrs ago (Statistics)