Today we're launching Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher 1.17.1. This is a fairly significant update so let's get into the changelog.
Changelog for 1.17.1
Custom Dialogue Character CodesFixed an issue that occured when mod's re-assign characters already in the NongenericCharacters list to the index they're already assigned to.
Debug ChecksUpdated this hack to not be enabled by default and not be hidden by default.
Interprocess CommunicationAdded this new hack.
This hack allows you to use the "Preview In Game" feature of 3D views in Lucas' Pure3D Editor to move the in-game camera when Debug Test is enabled.
Changelog for 1.17
- Added a loading window on startup and when reloading mods using the Reload button.
- Fixed an issue where the title of message boxes on Windows XP were incorrectly set to "Error" rather than the name of the launcher.
- Made some debug asserts display more helpful error messages.
- Added the -noscanmodfiles command line argument. This can be used to speed up the loading of mod files but disables the following functionality:
- Conflict detection between non-compiled mods.
- Showing the file size of mods.
- Showing the newest file in non-compiled mods.
- Showing the correct modified date on non-compiled mods.
Donut Team Account IntegrationA number of changes were made to the way the Mod Launcher communicates with the Donut Team website. This corrects the recent issue where Play History was not working.
Bug FixesUpdated this hack:
- Added a new setting for applying depth to the Coin on the HUD.
- Changed this hack to be requirable and configurable by mods via BugFixes.ini.
Here's an example BugFixes.ini showcasing this being used to forcefully enable HUD Coin Depth:
[Visual] ; Helpful if you have a more complicated coin model where the lack of depth is extremely noticeable. HUDCoinDepth=1
Custom Bonus Mission SupportUpdated this hack with new functionality to this hack to prevent the game from resetting the player's position and forcing them into their car at the start of specific Street Race missions.
This is helpful if you're creating a mod that has an onfoot mission replacing one of the street races.
Here's an example CustomBonusMissionSupport.ini showcasing how to use this new functionality:
[L2SR3] ResetPlayer=0 ForcePlayerInCar=0
NOTE: By default, the game's street race scripts also call commands that cause the player to get forced into their car at the start of the mission. This means that if you disable the game forcefully doing so on an unmodified street race, this will appear to do nothing. This is merely putting it in the script's hands, not making it so it can't be done.
Custom Car SupportUpdated this hack, car Indices are now per mod and automagically remapped as necessary at runtime.
Custom Character SupportAdded this new hack.
This hack currently allows you to enable the following booleans that are normally specific to Lisa and Marge (and their respective outfits) on any character:
- IsLisa: This boolean sets whether or not the game will adjust the Y position of the character upwards hen they're in a vehicle like how they do with Lisa.
- IsMarge: This boolean sets whether or not the game will adjust the positions of joints 33, 34 and 35 of the character's skeleton when they're in a vehicle (depending on the High Roof setting of the car).
Here's an example CustomCharacterSupport.ini showcasing how to apply these features:
[jaqueline] IsMarge=1 ; Couldn't think of an example for when you would want this ; So here's code to enable the thing that's already enabled on Lisa [lisa] IsLisa=1
Custom Dialogue Character CodesUpdated this hack.
- Increased the limit of NongenericCharacters from 128 to Infinite.
- NongenericCharacter indices are now per mod and are automagically remapped as nessecary at runtime.
- NongenericOutfits can now be mapped to a character by name, meaning that explicitly defining NongenericCharacters is now obsolete.
Here's an example CustomDialogueCharacterCodes.ini where outfits are mapped by name:
[NongenericOutfits] ; Make Fit Tony an alternate outfit for Fat Tony fittony=fattony ; Add an entry for a Car Shop NPC of Krusty rewards_krusty=krusty
NOTE: The old method will continue to work however we consider it obsolete and recommend doing this instead.
Custom Interior SupportAdded this new hack.
This hack can be used to add new interior definitions or remove existing ones.
Documentation for how to utilize this hack is coming at a later date.
Debug ChecksAdded this new hack. Enabled and Hidden by default.
This hack adds a number of checks to inform you of things such as possible corruption and missing locators (this functionality is experimental).
Debug TestAdded this new hack. Hidden by default.
This hack contains a wide variety of half of unfinished or experimental features. It is now being included in the public release just so anyone can freely try these features out.
NOTE: Functionality of this hack may be removed or altered without warning in future updates of the Mod Launcher. This hack SHOULD NOT be used when playtesting mods you are creating as some of it's features may cause the game to crash or behave in unexpected ways.
Debug TextAdded this new hack.
This hack makes a wide variety of different debug information display ingame. This information can be cycled through with the T and R keys.
Increased Reward LimitsAdded this new hack.
This hack increases some reward related limits.
More information can be found here.