Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Do console versions (preferably GCN) support loading the game with all assets from the seven .rcfs at the root extracted?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I know the PC version can as someone released the game online with all the assets extracted from the .rcfs and including them in the game package (DON'T ASK FOR THE LINK AS THAT'S PIRACY). An example is INSTDIR/sound/music/burning_rubber.rsd Do the console versions support loading the game in this matter?

Default console filesystem excluding platform unique system files and folders/files in folders other than root:

art
movies
scripts
sound
the seven .rcfs
command.txt
snapshot.p3d
SYSTEMASSETS

Default PC filesystem (excluding exe, dll, readme, folders/files in folders other than installdir and icons):

art
movies
scripts
sound
the seven .rcfs along with 3 new ones: music00.rcf (replacement?), music01.rcf, music02.rcf and music03.rcf

PC filesystem with assets extracted (excluding exe, dll, readme, folders/files in folders other than installdir and icons):

agnes
apu
art
barney
bart
bumblebee
carl
cbg
cletus
conversations
dolph
dr.frink
dr.nick
flanders
generic_boy_1
generic_boy_2
generic_female_1
generic_female_2
generic_girl_1
generic_girl_2
generic_male_1
generic_male_2
gil
grampa
hans_moleman
homer
jasper
jimbo
kearney
krusty
legs
lenny
lisa
loecop
louie
marge
milhouse
movies
nelson
otto
patty
quimby
ralph
rod
scripts
sea_captain
selma
skinner
smithers
snake
sound
teen
todd
traffic1
traffic2
traffic3
traffic4
wiggum
willie
zombie1
zombie2
zombie3
zombie4
scripts
sound
the seven .rcfs along with 3 new ones: music00.rcf (replacement?), music01.rcf, music02.rcf and music03.rcf
SYSTEMASSETS

Is it possible for console versions (preferably GCN) to use this filesystem?

agnes
apu
art
barney
bart
bumblebee
carl
cbg
cletus
conversations
dolph
dr.frink
dr.nick
flanders
generic_boy_1
generic_boy_2
generic_female_1
generic_female_2
generic_girl_1
generic_girl_2
generic_male_1
generic_male_2
gil
grampa
hans_moleman
homer
jasper
jimbo
kearney
krusty
legs
lenny
lisa
loecop
louie
marge
milhouse
movies
nelson
otto
patty
quimby
ralph
rod
scripts
sea_captain
selma
skinner
smithers
snake
sound
teen
todd
traffic1
traffic2
traffic3
traffic4
wiggum
willie
zombie1
zombie2
zombie3
zombie4
scripts
sound
the seven .rcfs (but deleted)
SYSTEMASSETS

Theoretically if the PC version supports it, it's possible. They may have just used RCFs as it would let them compress the files a bit more, not really sure why they did it this way on console.

If I had to guess, it will support it. But that's only a guess based on what I know of the console version.

None of us have ever modified the console version, extensively at least, so you're gonna need to experiment on your own. I also would say that the console version has more intense limitations and does not utilise any code we created for the PC version to be modified, so doing anything beyond texture changes is extremely experimental and not necessarily supported.
I know the code and assets are for the most part "similar" to the PC version, the only difference I can find (aside for better graphical models and using .pngs over some p3ds in scrooby2, frontend and dynaload and A LOT MORE FILES) is in the options menu, the PC version crashes when entering cheat codes, so it may work. Thanks for the advice. If it works I will distribute the .iso with that filesystem for easier modding and the RCFS deleted (due to size limitations) but people are responsible for piracy if they didn't own the game.
If it works I will distribute the .iso with that filesystem for easier modding and the RCFS deleted (due to size limitations) but people are responsible for piracy if they didn't own the game.
That would be in direct violation of our community guidelines so I'm going to tell you right now not to share full copies of the game here in whatever form or we will take action against you.
Ok sorry
It's all good, I just wanted to make it clear.