Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Costume Shop Crash

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Attempting to create a mod with a custom character on Level 1. The character and costume shop work fine when using Homer's animations, however I am trying to change to Bart's animations. After changing the .cho file, and the animation file, the character works fine, but the costume shop no longer works. What am I doing wrong?
Based on the behavior described, it sounds plausible that you might not be using Lucas' CustomSkinPreviewAnimations hack. Pretty simple fix!

Basically, the game has this obnoxious hardcoded check for all clothes shops in each Level that try to look for a specific animation in the _a.p3d it expects. So there's a hardcoded check in Level 1 for Homer's "idle" animation. If the game can't find that animation, the game crashes since it can't load the animation. We can use CustomSkinPreviewAnimations to work around the hardcoded check and replace it with something else.

First, you're going to want to go ahead and open up your Meta.ini file. In it, add RequiredHack=CustomSkinPreviewAnimations in the RequiredHack category, like so:

(Forgive the poor cropping!)

Once this is done, create a blank .ini file under the same name as the hack (CustomSkinPreviewAnimations.ini). Then, add this into it, and save the .ini file with the changes made:

[Miscellaneous]
0=brt_loco_idle_rest

(The "0" here represents "Level 1" in this .ini's setup, and "brt_loco_idle_rest" is the internal name of Bart's "standing" animation.)

Load up your hack, then go ahead and try the shop. It should work now!

If you want, you can also use this hack to customize the type of animations that play in the clothes shop. You aren't limited to just the "idle" one.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you run into any technical difficulties.

Yeah, I had tried this previously, still no luck. Is there anything else I should have changed the names of etc.? I have changed every instance in the .cho file that says 'bart' and have renamed the files. Can't seem to find the problem...
NEVERMIND, PROBLEM SOLVED. TWAS MY OWN STUPIDITY.