Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Launcher Issue

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Everytime i click Launch it stops responding and I need to close and re-open it to make it load properly. This happens in the latest version, in 1.17 it stopped responding, but only for a while, then backing on and starting. How do I fix this?
For starters this should be in Mod Help, Second of all you're running a old version of Lucas' Hit & Run Launcher
Or if I read that wrong you should put your mods on the desktop and reinstall the launcher
and also if there is a Windows update then Install it,
if it still does not work then submit a crash dump in the #Mod-Help channel in the server pinging Lucas, Jake or Loren.

Get Version 1.18.3 Here

Edit: Removed excessive BBCode spam -Jake
Okay...
Jamie, that's really not a helpful response for a number of reasons.

For starters this should be in Mod Help
No, the correct board for this would be Support, Mod Help is for if you are having trouble modding the game. And there was really no reason to bring that up because, as much as it's good practice to use the correct boards, it doesn't really add anything to the conversation and does not help with the issue.

Second of all you're running a old version of Lucas' Hit & Run Launcher
No he is not, what he said was that while using an old version this same issue would occur, but after a while it would start responding again. On the new version it just won't respond no matter what.

if it still does not work then submit a crash dump in the #Mod-Help channel in the server pinging Lucas, Jake or Loren.
There is no need to ping a staff member about an issue like this, when someone is available they will respond to the question. Plus when the launcher itself crashes there is no crash dump to even report (at least as far as I know) so that doesn't help at all.

In the end the post doesn't actually help with the problem. Danny, I would wait until a staff member is able to assist and I give you the best of luck getting this resolved.

The post was also originally entirely in bold italics, which makes it harder to read and is pointless unless you want to highlight a specific name or something to that effect. As Jake put it, it is essentially spam.
Yeah, i hope some of the staff members will answer this post instead of ignoring it as they previously did with another post of mine regarding p3D editor suggestions which didn't get ANY answers, even after i updated the post to make it back up in the list, vanely hoping someone would've read it. (And now, I saw Jake removed the bold letters from Jamie's post but didn't answer himself).
If we don't have anything to add or say, we leave it be. We read everything and we'll respond when we're able to regarding your issues/suggestions.

You didn't provide any system specs or crash messages. These would be helpful at speeding this process up.
I don't know what would be causing that but for now you can try disabling the update check to see if it helps work around the issue.

You can do this by unticking "Check for Updates" in the Launcher tab of the Launcher Settings.

As of version 1.18 of the Mod Launcher, you can open the Launcher Settings, bypassing the main window of the Mod Launcher (including the update check), by starting the Mod Launcher with the -launchersettings command line argument.

If you don't know how to start a program with arguments, the easiest way is probably to make a shortcut to the Mod Launcher executable (Lucas Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher), right-click on the shortcut, choose Properties and then add a space followed by -launchersettings to the end of the Target:
Click OK and then double-click on the shortcut (the shortcut can be deleted afterwards). Alternatively, you can run this .reg file: www.dropbox.com/s/lyq0elpf4xt4spq/Disable%20Lucas%27%20Mod%20Launcher%20Update%20Check.reg?dl=1 to disable the update check setting without opening the Mod Launcher at all.