Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Unimportant Information

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
First of, if any of the developers/team members of the Donutteam wants remove my post It's fine... But do hear me out, it is from the bottom of my heart.
So I suppose this is going to be a huge post, but I'll try to shorten it as much as possible. ;)

I have been a member of this forum for around five years which is a long time but not from the start but still, a long time. (*Edit: I have made some minor research and it seems as I have actually been a member from the start, more or less... WOW! Time flies by, Doesn't it?) But I guess I could myself "old and wise"... This forum has always meant a lot to me, for both the good and the bad. So I want to point a lot of things during my time here in this forum. And why you ask? Well, I'm just going to be so rude as to say: Why not? But do take it with a grain of salt. My "memory disc" is already quite overfull at the moment... So some things might not be fully correct and some might not be correct at all. But anyways, let's begin!

The thing I remember most was probably three, maybe four, years ago, when I truly understood the potential of this forum which was when a very special person decided to join the Donutteam forum. I will not say who this person is... But just knowing what this persons background was, meant a lot. A former developer from Radical (I believe) which made the game which all of the mods are made from. The Simpsons Hit & Run. Now, it might have been a joke but... This was at the time when i was "young and dumb" and well... I kinda got to feel the "Hellfish whip" since... well lets just say I didn't behave nice and instead went all out with accusing the person, in question, of trying to joke with everybody. But the person just answered very politely with showing an business card and email and other proof. I still regret that mistake, but now when I really think about it was more like a "easy whip".

But of course this isn't the only memory I have, but I do want to ask a question to all of you. What is your biggest memory of being a part of this community? Is it... The first time you released a mod? Or could it just be that it sometimes made you feel more positive, when your down? Cause I've been there. Deep, deep down and just little by little rising to the light (or the dark, depends on what you feel is most right...) And beginning to feel more and more positive when looking through the threads and finally realising that there has been a new status update released. (now guys, guys, guys. Calm down. Jeez... I'm not talking about "that" one.)

But... In the latest time I have noticed something, at least me, more and more in this forum... It's a very harsh word but "troll" might only be the only word possible to describe it with. So... I would like to share a saying from my home country, Sweden.
"Prata först när du har något vettigt att säga."
Now I know that a lot of you might not be from Sweden or any neighbouring countries (and with that I mean like everybody...) so of course I will translate it. Or at least try...
"Talk first when you have something sensible to say."
And now, what might sensible be? Well, I'll leave it for everybody to decide for themselves, since you probably will notice where the line is drawn. I also recommend to read through the rules. They are absolutely, and I really mean it, self-explaining and truly easy to understand.

I want to end this post with a positive and warm feeling so I propose a group hug (I know It's ridiculous...) but it's the best thing i could come up with. so yeah...

#GroupHug!
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
I guess my biggest memory - is releasing HA and rushing SNoire, both taught me a good lessons - don't develop your mods lazily, and don't rush the development
Both mods were a failure. I learned a lot from my mistakes, and now I'm trying to create somewhat better than HA and SNoire.
Besides, chatting with community also can be considered the biggest moment, I increased my levels of fluency thanks to it, so, no "I did this mod for a week" grammatics, and I've also met a lot of nice people :p
Gonna skip the "Sensible" question, this word has a lot of homonyms, so...don't really know what this saying means without context

#GroupHug (Why not? :D)