Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The greatest Donut Team Q/A of all time 12/10 5.1 stars

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
When is Donut Mod 4 being released?
Never. But seriously, Donut Team have proven and admitted that they aren't good with dates, so just like for all of their unreleased tools, they can't say for sure. We can only assume they still have a long way to go.

Why does Donut Mod 4 take 20 years to make?
Because...
  • ... even Donut Team have lives outside of leisurely modding
  • ... they're busy making other great stuff
  • ... they're busy with the site
  • ... quality over quantity
  • ... they're a team of like -0.05 people. How much work can they do in 1 hour each day?

Shouldn't we be concerned about this long hiatus?
Nah. We've been occupied with other mods the community has made. Who comes to these forums solely for Donut Mod?

Why don't we receive any more news from the team?
Because...
  • ... even Donut Team have lives outside of leisurely modding
  • ... there's nothing for them to report that either hasn't already been addressed or would spoil everything in one image
  • ... they're busy making the greatest status update in the entire universe that answers all of your questions
  • ... they actually did report some stuff in the Discord, but not the forum due to them being rather insignificant to be announced on a new thread or status update.

Why doesn't something (such as the Map/Model Builder) get released when it was promised to be out much sooner?
The amount of progress the team believe they'll make is usually over-estimated (no offense Donut Team), so don't expect release dates to be exactly or close to when they promise.

*UPDATED*
When are SHARMP and Cards Against Lucas getting major updates?
Priorities are focused on Donut Mod 4 and the Map/Model Builder, but mostly the former. There's just not enough demand for CAL, so it isn't prioritized for more and more content. Multiplayer started off rather horribly, and Donut Team aren't going to make the same mistake where especially high demands force the team to rush out their content.

How do I log into Smithslak Internal Network?
YOU can't log in, but SOMEONE can, and they ain't tellin' ya what the login credentials are! The owner of the only account that can access it changed their password, so good luck getting in.

How do I get my mod featured on the top of the forum?
With heart. Just heart.

*NEW*
Will Donut Team release an official music pack for Road Rage Returns?
Of course they'll bring it back from the dead. They just haven't done so because of the reasons I repeatedly stated up there.

*NEW*
How active is the Multiplayer server?
Depends on how you interpret "two players a day while one of them is AFK."

Why didn't Donut Team make a Q/A like this sooner?
The greatest status update of all time that answers all of your adorable questions takes time. Just like Donut Mod 4 (and nearly every little thing they plan to release in the future). Plus, it'll go over questions that I either didn't bother adding to this thread or didn't answer correctly.

Will they scrap the status update video because you made this?
Hell no. Who would scrap footage of Lucas wearing boxing gloves on his feet as he naps on top of his tissue box at the dentist while Loren watches him via video chat?

Is this thread supposed to be taken seriously? Because I'm not laughing.
Only if you believe it's serious.

When is Donut Mod 4 being released?
If you continuously ask, it'll keep getting delayed.
Beautiful
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Honestly I now understand because I'm in the same boat with my mods. For the past 3 weeks I've gotten 30+ hours a week over the course of 5-6 days a week. Honestly when I get home I'm tired. I only have so much free time and I've put modding and YouTube on hold. Having a job may seem awesome at first, (and on payday) but in the end it's both physically and mentally exhausting. Pardon my two cents here, but just the fact Jake, Loren and co. are not burnt out by now is a miracle in itself. At the end of the day what matters is that Donut Team are dedicated to both finishing the mod, and keeping it up to quality standard. However I don't understand why members of the community get so heated when delays and other difficulties occur. There are plenty of community mods created by amazing people, and the tools to create mods for SHAR are easy to acquire and are straight-forward. There is help available on the Donut Team discord server. To wrap things up, the dedication of the staff is commendable, and creations from the community keep getting better and better as time goes on.
Will Donut Team release an official music pack for Road Rage Returns?
Of course they'll bring it back from the dead. They just haven't done so because of the reasons I repeatedly stated up there.
RIP my Road Rage Music mod then. Shame, I spent a lot of time on it, and nobody will care once the 'official' one is out.

Spoiler Alert

They'll build their music pack by stealing your RMS file(s).

Also, I thought that mod was already dead since I've never seen anyone use it.
Well uh...someone on the discord server used it once.

That's...that's something, right?

Well, there goes 30+ hours of work. And I bet as soon as the official one is released then everyone will be using it, because it's advertised right next to the main mod. And mine just gets buried under hundreds of posts so nobody ever sees it.