Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Need help with Traffic Sounds

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I am trying to create a traffic vehicle that produces positional audio just like the Vote Quimby truck. I thought that the positional audio came from the soundfx.rcf/positional directory, but when I created the sound/soundfx/positional directory with my brand new rsd and added it to the car_tune file through the line, "SetOverlayClipName ( "mycustomaudio" )" the game crashes when that traffic vehicle is nearby. I assumed that I had the directory wrong because I created a test audio to change the pause menu sound that is in the soundfx/frontend directory and the audio ingame never changed. However, when I looked at the forums to see how others changed soundfx audio, they used a similar directory to mine and they were able to change soundfx audio. I also had extracted the positionalsettings.spt and carsound.spt into my scripts folder because I assumed my custom positional audio needed to be defined in those script files.

TL;DR: How do I add my own custom positional audio to my custom traffic vehicle that is similar to the "Vote Quimby" truck?
Do you mean so that the vehicle will occasionally produce an audio clip when the player is near it?
Yes, just like when the player is near the vote Quimby truck and "Vote Quimby" is heard.
Ah. I can't help you with that, but someone else can. I was checking to see what you mean so that other users would not have to ask you to elaborate (or something like that).
Ok I figured it out. The sound would be added to the carsound.spt in a similar fashion to the vote_quimby sound in the same file, then the rsd file is added to the carsound folder just like any regular custom engine/horn mod. The only difference with the traffic sound is the in car tune script file the line "SetOverlayClipName ( "yourcustomtrafficsound" )" must be added to the custom car. The reason why my game was crashing before was that the sound I used was in stereo instead of mono.
i had an votepootis truck sound its cool