Modern Fixup Mod (Beta Released)

Posted in Mod Showcase
Unsubscribe from this topic
After months of putting it off, then working on it, then deleting the files, and so on, Modern Fixup is finally ready to be released.

This mod (originally called Fixing Radical's Stupidity) tries to fix anything broken in the game as well as adding new features. Its most noticeable feature being the textures upscaled into HD without any Spanish memes on billboards or Ferraris everywhere or any clickbaity related garbage like you see on other types of mods that add "ultra-realistic graphics".

This mod has or will contain features such as

New textures (mentioned above)

New/altered vehicles

New/altered characters and player costumes

New music and remixes of existing music

Map edits

New sound effects

More dialogue

Improved graphics (maybe in the future)

Compatability with foreign versions (maybe in the future)

And anything else that can be possible




There are going to be 5 versions of this mod.

Beta (incomplete levels 1-3)
Version 1 (complete levels 1-3)
Version 2 (complete levels 4-5)
Version 3 (complete levels 6-7)
Version 4 (anything else added onto it)

Because this mod will be updated quite frequently especially during both versions beta and 4, I will not be doing anything like 4.1 as there will be releases all the time.
This also means that the link will stay the same so make sure to check it often.

The mod is very large and intensive compared to the vanilla game. This means that the file size will be huge, however about 90% of the files in the mod are used and the other 10% will be as the updates go on. Also if your PC has very low specs, This mod might be really hard to play.

LINK REMOVED UNTIL MOD IS FUNCTIONING WITHOUT RANDOMLY CRASHING.

Current Mod Version = Beta

If anyone has any complaints about this mod whether its to do with crashes, or if I forgot to credit someone for assets or even if you just want to ask me any questions about the mod then please message me. I will respond as soon as I can and if there is a problem I will fix it.
Nice. Looks good in HD textures.
Nice idea!
Will definitely check it out when it's released
I really like the idea for this mod, though the title could have been a bit better, such as SHAR Fixed. Nevertheless, the mod sounds very promising and I'm looking forward it!

I hope that there will be more fixes, such as the ones I tried to do 2 years ago and lost interest shortly after I made the topic (I'm not good at modding the game except a few things). Here is the topic for inspiration: https://donutteam.com/forum/topic/482
Some of those suggestions I made in that topic, could be fixed/included in this mod, like fixing the Cell Phone Cars so they don't make the player invisible when driving them (they are only cars that do that in original game), fixing L2M7 so that all 4 variants are used, adding unused traffic vehicles and so on.
Thanks for the suggestions Bart95. Some of these suggestions I have already implemented such as the unused traffic cars and the invisible issue with the cell phone cars. I will definitely take some of these ideas into consideration.
I've made 2 retextures long ago, for Ferrini Red and Family Sedan. I could send them to you, to help you with this project if you want to.
Thanks for the offer Maz, however, I have actually finished retexturing everything (and I mean literally every texture in the game) so I won't need those cars,
alrighty
sorry for writing in a old forum but when will this mod be public really want to download it and play it hope this has not been canceled
It will be released in due time. Modding takes time, and lots of it.
Unsubscribe from this topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.