Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The Christmas Sedan, Road Rage Returns 1.2.1 and SHAR MP 18 are now available

Posted in Announcements
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hey everyone, we have a few things to release today.

The Christmas Sedan

The latest addition to Donut Team Event Cars & Characters comes in the form of the Christmas Sedan.

This is the Family Sedan from Donut Mod 4 decked out with a tree, lights, presents and snow. It can be obtained for free in Level 1.

Check it out now!

Changelog for Road Rage Returns 1.2.1

We're finally releasing an update to address some issues and quirks with Road Rage Returns.

• Adjusted calls to AddStageCharacter in Level 1 and 2 street races to fix false positives when Debug Checks is enabled.
  • Changed car spheres in L2M7 and L3M4 to be drop zones instead.
  • Fixed the street races in Level 2 in various ways. They should be possible now!
  • Fixed the briefing art in L2BM1 to be the correct art.

We apologize for the long wait for this fixer update and also plan to have more bug fixes and improvements on the way soon.

Check it out now!

Changelog for SHAR MP 18

This update addresses an issue introduced in SHAR MP 17 where changes to how and when conflicts are detected caused mods to conflict with Multiplayer Resources. This new version makes it so Multiplayer Resources does not conflict anymore and also allows you to ignore these conflicts when they occur.

Full Changelog
  • Made the launcher show a message when it detects a mod conflict, allowing you to ignore the conflict and continue anyways.
  • Made the launcher able to detect conflicts with uncompiled mods.
  • Fixed an issue where Multiplayer Resources conflicted with mods that modified the same files (such as "art\frontend\ingame.p3d").

---

Happy Holidays,
Donut Team
Great mod update for the Event Mod Xmas 2018, though, (extremely) minor flaw, the Christmas Sedan, when driven by Homer, has his two "hairs" clipping through the roof.

EDIT: nevermind, its a problem with the game itself.
"could not load the mod RRR. Could not find Meta.ini."
-I think a 1.2.2 version should be released to fix this issue- at least if the trouble isn't depending from my launcher.
Do you have the LMLM file inside a folder instead of directly in a Mods folder?
No, My lmlm IS in the Mods folder.
Did you open the ZIP file or did you rename the ZIP file to .lmlm
I want to report a couple of bugs in Donut Team Event Cars & Characters mod that were reported a few days ago in this topic:
donutteam.com/forum/topic/2253
I just tested now the latest version and they still persist. For example in levels 1 and 2, you can't get 100% level complete after buying everything (clothes will say 5/9 in level 1, 8/9 in level 2) and in levels 2 and 3 the Halloween skin for both Bart and Lisa, is invisible, meaning if you buy/change into it, it makes your character invisible. Note that I used an already completed 100% save file when I played the mod as I don't see why I should start a new game to play a simple mod like this.

As for the reported issue above in Road Rage Returns 1.2.1, to me it seems the mod loads fine and I can start a new game just fine. Danny, did you install the mod correctly by unzipping the downloaded zip file and then copying the .lmlm file into Mods folder?

However I want to ask in regards to the newest RRR update, was the balance issue with L2M7 sorted out as I said long ago? I don't see it mentioned outside of the car sphere change thing, I'm hoping the mission was balanced as I found it way too hard compared to the rest missions in the mod. I want to make sure for future when I replay RRR, I don't want to deal with that mission again.

Also a bit off-topic but in regards to a future update of Demonstration Mod, could you make the mission with destroying 3 cars while avoiding 2 police cars a bit easier? The mission always takes me few attempts to do it as the traffic vehicles in level 1 are difficult to destroy (especially with the slow Family Sedan), here are some suggestions to make it easier:
-Make it so only a police car chases you
-Make it so you only have to destroy 2 cars in total instead of 3 (even destroying one is pretty difficult)
-Make the traffic vehicles a bit weaker during the mission
-Change the traffic vehicles to weaker ones that can be destroyed much easier, like the sports cars.

I hope I didn't sound nitpicking with my suggestions but I always prefer to write my opinions when comes to mission balancing or to reporting issues.
Unfortunately, those issues persist in the current version due to the time sensitive nature of releasing that car. I didn't have time to look into the issues until today so here's my response to the bugs and the other stuff you mentioned.

]
For example in levels 1 and 2, you can't get 100% level complete after buying everything (clothes will say 5/9 in level 1, 8/9 in level 2)
[redacted
I'm not sure how to resolve this at the moment but I have that happening for me as well. My current theory (based on the amount of costumes) is that this is an issue with IncreasedRewardLimits. Lucas is not currently available to consult him about it though.

]
in levels 2 and 3 the Halloween skin for both Bart and Lisa, is invisible, meaning if you buy/change into it, it makes your character invisible.
[redacted
This will be fixed in the next version. The costumes mistakenly had the wrong internal names in their P3D files.

]
was the balance issue with L2M7 sorted out as I said long ago?
[redacted
1.2.1 makes no balance changes as it was mainly to fix critical issues.

Kenny has plans to make various balance changes and other improvements to the mod's missions though I'm not sure when this will happen. We're currently working on version 1.2.2 though this version may not necessarily address this.

]
could you make the mission with destroying 3 cars while avoiding 2 police cars a bit easier?
-Make it so only a police car chases you
-Make it so you only have to destroy 2 cars in total instead of 3 (even destroying one is pretty difficult)
[redacted
Those changes will be implemented in the next version. The other two suggestions are not possible for technical reasons.