Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Has anyone made it so there's door animations for AI and Traffic cars?

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I was just wondering if someone could make this if it hasn't been made already.
Then again the game might be coded not to allow this.
I don't know much about modding but I would imagine it would take time to do so, since you would probably want to model an interior (like a lot of phone-booth cars), deal with deforming doors/hood/trunk. All the AI cars in L7 (sans the hallo hearse) support animations already so it isn't something that is new. The only issue apart from that that I can think of is how to deal with the coloring of the AI vehicles' moving parts.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
As far as I know, there isn't a mod for this yet. This isn't because it's hardcoded because it can easily be done by adding the command below in the vehicles con file.
SetHasDoors(1);
and removing this command
SetIrisTransition(1);
The problem is that it takes a long time to do because the doors that are seen on this vehicle are textured on and aren't actually doors.

97Meter made some valid points here so I'll just go over some of their quotes.
"I don't know much about modding but I would imagine it would take time to do so since you would probably want to model an interior (like a lot of phone-booth cars), deal with deforming doors/hood/trunk."
That is correct. Even though it would work without the interior, the vehicles would look horrendous on the inside since Radical were very lazy when it came to making the traffic vehicles. You would have to cut the doors out of the model since they currently don't have any.
"The only issue apart from that that I can think of is how to deal with the coloring of the AI vehicles' moving parts."
This isn't something to worry about since the separate meshed from the doors would be using the same textures and shaders as the rest of the body.

While this is not the same as what you requested, here is a link to a mod that is probably the closest thing to what you want.