Forum Mod Bakery Docs

how to go to location

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
yeah its me again. does anyone know to set a location to go for mission that is not a set one because I want a mission where you go to the news building in level 1 thanks.
If it's at the very start of the mission, you'll want to access the mxsdi("x" being the number of the mission) in the scripts\missions folder. There, you'll find the names of the waypoints that are being used. For example, "SetMissionResetPlayerOutCar("player waypoint", "car waypoint") or AddNPC("flanders","waypoint"). You'll find the actual waypoints in the level.p3d file in the art\missions folder. From there, go into the game and find the spot you want to start at, find the waypoint you want, and click the "From Game" button below the waypoint's coordinates, this will access the current position of the game you're running. Keep in mind if they're spawnpoints, they have to be Locator Type 3 because they have a rotation value, while AI waypoints and colllectibles use Locator Type 0 because they have a trigger range. In my experience, changing the cam bestside doesn't do anything. I'm not that familiar with editing the pre-mission stuff so I probably couldn't help you any further if you encounter problems.
thanks Nathan steel I'm sure someone will know how to add dialogue while driving.
Do you mean like "SetCompletionDialog" where you have dialogue at the end of a certain stage? I'm quite good at that.
oh no I meant because I saw your help needed post on that so I hope someone knows
Oh that, I fixed that. Just had the wrong folder named in the dialog.spt file.
ah right good to hear