Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Time Attack Mode 1.3a

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Time limits have been removed from every mission and are replaced with an elapsed timer that lasts for an entire mission! Now you can easily see how quickly you beat a mission.

Conversations (except ones that initiate Street Races and Bonus Missions), introduction cameras, transitions between objectives (fade outs and iris wipes), and FMV's have also been removed.

Objectives that normally have time limits don't have them anymore, but you can still fail missions through other means. That includes getting out of your vehicle when you're not allowed to.

NOTE(S)
  • This mod most likely won't work with other mission mods. It really depends on how their missions are made. Use at your own risk.

DOWNLOAD HERE?!

Changelog
  • Optimized scripts.
  • Timer stages without conditions are no longer removed. They are instead reduced to 0 seconds.
  • Countdown sequences are now removed.
  • Added setting to skip straight to the last stage during Sunday Drive. (Enabled by default)
  • Added setting to disable checkpoints.
  • Added setting to print the edited mission script in console.
  • Added setting to preload mission scripts.

• Fixed the Lua script not reading the final stage of a mission when removing Swap commands and preventing the mission from starting
  • There's now a setting to print the Lua script's progress in console
  • Now adds a 0-second timer stage if the edited mission script has no stages
    • This won't affect the vanilla game, but this can perhaps add a bit more compatibility with other mods (but it's still not 100% guaranteed to work)

• Forced vehicle missions now properly spawn the player to their designated location when it would normally swap the player's current vehicle with the default one.
    • Due to limitations, the forced vehicle will be placed where the default vehicle would normally spawn.
  • Fixed the command for setting the image used for the mission briefings being placed in more than one stage during Sunday Drive.
  • Fixed not removing timer objectives that are in the very first stage in a mission.
Fun Facts
  • I've been meaning to do this for months, but I had never figured out how to do it without using my own MFK files until now.
  • In the middle of making of this mod, Notepad++ bugged out and deleted everything from one of my Lua files, and it wouldn't let me undo it. Believe me, I was PISSED. I was 75% done with that f****** file.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
This looks awesome! Will check out.
Quite an ingenious idea!
Nice, Especially for Speedrunners!
Thanks to v1.1, missions like Bonfire of the Manatees now spawn the player to their respective locations. Let's hope this mod doesn't break too many other mission mods.
I broke something in v1.1, but I hope the new demonstration up there makes up for it.