Forum Mod Bakery Docs

What Are You're Top 5 Favourite Video Games?

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
In order to ask a question (and to actually put the Off Topic, let alone Off Topic > Games board to use), I've decided to post this.

What are you're top 5 favourite games?

Because nobody plays just SHaR, right?

MY PERSONAL LIST

• 5. The Simpsons Game (Nintendo DS)
  • 4. Space Channel 5 Part 2 (Dreamcast)
  • 3. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles (Genesis/Mega Drive)
  • 2. Dynamite Headdy (Genesis/Mega Drive)
  • 1. The Simpsons: Hit & Run (PC, Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation 2)
EDIT: I've added descriptions instead of crap in the brackets
1. The
2. Simpsons
3. Hit
4. And
5. Run

Ok, on a serious note tho

(PC)1. SHaR of course (The game was my favourite when I was a kiddo (14 y. still counts as a "kiddo", don't mind me), and it's still going to be my favourite. Especially, the ability to create your own missions and stories, hence why I mod this game like crazy and kinda like doing it)
(PC)2. Hearts of Iron IV (I'm not usually into RTS, but this game got me. I like history, and an opportunity to wipe out the Axis out of the world, or, conqure the entire world as the Axis is cool. Creating alternate timelines is fun too)
(PC)3. Half-Life (One of the first games I've played. Despite being really old, it's a nice atmospheric FPS, that literally changed the game industry)
(PC)4. Subnautica (Even though I hate the sea(because of this game, lmao), this game is neat. I like sandbox games, since you can do whatever you want, and watch what happens. Atmosphere, once again, is thrilling, the feeliing of isolation adds in to the atmoshpere, making the game twice as scary)
(PC) 5. Cities: Skylines (Sometimes I like to launch this game, and try to build some cities. It's a nice simulator game)
5. Rock, Paper, Scissors
4. Hide-and-seek
3. Staring Contest
2. Find Waldo
1. Google Chrome
SomeBot:

I know it was a joke but I'll update the title anyway.
5.Every Lego game on ps2 and wii
4.Blacklight Retribution (before it was dead)
3.UNO
2.Minecraft
1.Hit and run
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
5. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror: This game was a huge break from the rest of the Kirby series, not in gameplay mechanics but in the world design. There aren't any stages or linear level progression, but instead each level and boss must be found in the maze of a world the game offers, which makes the game a true exploration challenge. Also has some of the best music in the series, in my opinion.

4. Marvel's Spider-Man: This game was fun enough for me to do two back to back playthroughs of it when I got it. It's extremely immersive and has easy to use but complex to master web swinging and combat, which are both just so much fun. Also has a great story and 3 DLC.

3. Minecraft: This one is cliche, but I've sunk way too much time into this game to not include it. The possibilities for building are endless, and it's always a blast to play with friends. Collaboration goes a long way in this game. It truly feels like a psuedo-seperate life which is not something I can say about most games.

2. The Simpsons Hit and Run: While it may not be perfect, it's one of my all around childhood favorites. It has cars a plenty, good level design, great, if not a little repetitive, missions, and some of the best voice work I've heard in a game. The mods just add to the fun.

1. A Hat in Time: A 3D platformer from 2017 made by indie studio Gears for Breakfast. The gameplay is super smooth, the characters are all hilarious and endearing, and despite having a short-ish main story the content is always expanding with developer endorsed modding support and two DLCs, one of which is already out.
Thank you all for posting. I can't wait for other users to post. I'm actually going to take a stab at what Max Walker did and give a sort of description of each of the games on my list, because I doubt anyone here knows what any of those games are. You'll notice that 3 of them are platforming games, but each with a twist. I'll get them over with first.

The Simpsons Game (Nintendo DS): Better than the console versions. You get to play as Homer, Bart, Marge and Lisa in various combinations depending on level. While there is only one actual boss, it certainly is difficult. I sunk a lot of time into this.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles (Genesis/Mega Drive): Created by locking the Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles cartridges together. It combines both games into one with three characters to play as, offering branching pathways, and replay value to collect all 14 emeralds to unlock super/hyper variants of your character.

Dynamite Headdy (Genesis/Mega Drive): A very difficult game where you play as Headdy, a puppet who can detach his head and change it into different forms to act as power-ups, such as the head that shrinks you, allowing for additional routes to take. Not to mention boss battles at every turn. (By the way, this game had no save function, or unlimited lives, and occasionally got to SHaR levels of difficult.

Space Channel 5 Part 2 (Dreamcast): A rhythm game, but without visual button prompts. Certain buttons correspond to certain moves, and you have to memorise the sequences that you have to enter. It's pretty hard, lengthy, and you unlock alternate versions of each stage when beating the game to complete.

The Simpsons: Hit & Run: I was introduced to this game at the young age of 6. I did nothing but drive around. Fast forward ages later, and I attempt the game again. I loved everything about it. There's just something about it that I like.
This post has been removed.
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
MultiFan:

I tend to prefer older games over what gets released now, too. Companies like Electronic Arts, Activision, etc. just shove out online multiplayer only games full of DLC.
1: Burnout 3: Takedown
Criterion now I know, I was wrong, I messed up and now you're basically gone.

2: RimWorld
This one time some traders came and got into a fight and the main dude got beaten to death so they all had to go home. I was laughing for a good 5 minutes.

3: The Simpsons: Hit & Run
If it weren't for modding then this wouldn't be on the list and I'd probably have something like Fable II on here.

4: Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix
It's like if Burnout Paradise was good.

5: The Sim 3
I had this teenager sim who kept putting whoopie cushions on all the chairs. So whenever someone sat down they would trigger the whoopie cushion and get upset. Because I kept putting them down, it happened every single time someone sat down inside the house. It was like a really lame episode of The Twilight Zone.