Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Some Strange "Plot Holes"

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Can anyone resolve these?

1. Were the black vans only pizza vans, or were they really part of the conspiracy? The game does contain a pizza van, and surveillance van models.
2. In "Kang and Kodos Strike Back", the description for the mission is "RACE TO THE BREWERY BEFORE THE ALIENS ESCAPE". If the aliens are busy preparing to escape as seen in the cutscene, then who are you racing? The stage message states "RACE THE ALIENS TO THE DUFF BREWERY".
3. Connecting to #2, who drives the black sedans? Kang and Kodos (in the cutscenes) are shown way to big to drive them.
1. The vans, if I'm remembering correctly, are dropped midway through level 2. Considering the presence of the cameras on the pizza vans, one would assume they'd have to be involved in some way. In terms of a story reason, perhaps the aliens took note of the attention the vans were receiving and changed their plans accordingly? One can only imagine how many people approached the vans looking for pizza and interrupted their surveillance.

2. A "drive to this place quickly" objective was probably deemed too boring for a level finale, though they could have tossed in an escape objective or something. I think what it comes down to is that Radical painted themselves into a corner and hoped people wouldn't pick at it.

3. Based on the segment Citizen Kang from Treehouse of Horror VII, the aliens can take the form of a human if they can capture one. In regards to their alien form appearing previously, taking human form may be uncomfortable or implausible for long periods of time, causing them to only make use of it when absolutely necessary.

EDIT: Late in that segment, Homer tears off their faces and they soon expand out of their disguises into their alien forms. Whether this is because the structural integrity of the disguise was compromised or it was solely because they were found out is unclear, but it remains as an example of the aliens being able to fit into a car.
Homer:

Thank you for the answers. Now that I think about it, there's more than one occasion when the game feels rushed, or things are nonsensical. I'll create a thread about it, as no-one seems to have noticed this.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
A black van was supposed to take part in L6M7, but it's dummied out
So, perhaps black vans played a much bigger role in the plot in beta...?
I never knew about that. I thought of some new ones:

4. In "Alien "Auto" Topsy Part III, you avoid the alien car (with Kang and Kodos in it), and then blow up the UFO. In the following cutscene, they are shown in the UFO, even though you just evaded them.

5. A bit of a weird side note, but no black sedans appear in Level 6 to stop you and then one turns up in the final mission of level 6. Given how this Level's plot revolves around you attempting to expose Kang and Kodos' plan, they should be after you more than ever.

6. In "Duff For Me, Duff For You", you collect 6 boxes of laser guns, then have to go back and get another one from the brewery? The fact that you have 6 boxes of them makes the following mission feel even more like a filler mission.

7. In "Set To Kill", multiple laser gun stands have been set up despite you stealing all of them?

8. Why doesn't the UFO in Level 7 move, to avoid you blowing it up?
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
4. That's probably a drone, probe or smth else
5. Some chases were planned, but got cut for whatever reasons
6. I don't think you collect them, Bart more likely destroys them with his car. Hence the particle effect
7. And this one I can't explain
8. 'cause engine limitations
Gordon CMB:

Just realised. You don't destroy the laser gun boxes. In the dialogue before the mission starts, Bart says "... I'll knock the lasers out of the truck so I can show them to Krusty!"
This post has been removed.
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
A possible one: in level 2, Chief Wiggum goes after Bart when he collects illegal fireworks, but then a few missions later, Bart meets Chief Wiggum at Herman's store and they're on good terms like nothing happened before. Though this could've been intentional to show that Wiggum is an idiot.
True, in one of Wiggum's dialog, he says" Fine. i'll just arrest someone else for your crimes!"