Forcing Controller Support ?

Posted in Feedback & Suggestions
Unsubscribe from this topic
Hi ! I've been reading for a long time here but never posted, that's my trial I guess

So, I play Hit & Run on PC since a few years now, and wish I did more. Used to play with a PS4 controller but one out of two times (by time I mean : one of two Windows saves) the game would just not recognize it natively. I was left with Joy2Key but not having a genuine support for the joysticks made the game unplayable for me.

I recently changed my SSD and downloaded Hit & Run somewhere on the internet with French language available (yeah... hard to get a real PC copy, wish I could). Made the gap to an Xbox One controller to make sure I wouldn't have any compatibility issues ever in my life (looking at you, Dark Souls 1) and yay ! It worked ! What a blast I had.
Due to some weird errors I had to swipe my SSD clean and reinstalling everything. Couldn't find my original link for the game so I've tried the Flamingos one, install the game and : game didn't recognize the controller... Tried a second one + a copy of the game files I had in 2015, both didn't work.

I just want to know what causes the controller support to sometimes work and sometimes not ? It seems related to the W10 save but I don't really want to wipe it clean again just to try (don't have a backup computer to play with). I wish somebody has an answer to have a reliable way of using a controller every single time as it sounds like an issue..half of the people have when playing this game on PC with their joypad.

Thanks guys
Unsubscribe from this topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.