Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Theory On Unused Stage Message/Unused HUD Icon

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
EDIT: A couple of months after the creation of this thread, the HUD icon was discovered to have been a hoax by a FANDOM user. This theory is no-longer relevant.

I'm not sure if this was uncovered recently, but it's the first time that I've seen it: An unused HUD icon for Bart's Ferrini - Red. According to The Cutting Room Floor, this may have been used in Curious Curator, where the player would have to get into the Ferrini - Red, instead of starting the mission inside of it.

My theory links into this. There's an unused stage message in the files which reads "GET A VEHICLE FROM BART". My theory is, that, in an early build of the game (when Curious Curator was simply a one-stage race), Bart would sell his Ferrini - Red in Level 5, and the player would have to purchase it to start the mission, and then get into it (hence the HUD icon) to start the mission.

If my theory is correct, then I can imagne why it was changed. One reason would be the question of what would Bart's Level 6 vehicle be if he sold the Ferrini - Red in Level 5, and the other is due to how missions where the player is required to purchase a vehicle/costume work. The player could talk to Bart, purchase the vehicle from Bart elsewhere, get into it, and they wouldn't stand a change winning the race. Additionally, the player would talk to Bart, and would then go elsewhere (presumably), and find another Bart.
This post has been removed.
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
I know that, I just think it would be weird if the player talked to Bart, and then needed to purchase a vehicle off of him, in the same space right after.