Forum Mod Bakery Docs

How to convert (insert video format here) to RMV?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
In the Donut Mod LMLM file, there are custom RMV files. So... how do I convert video files to RMV format? I doubt RAD Video Tools has anything to do with this besides testing the video, right?
No, you use RAD video tools to create the custom RMV. RMV is just BIK file renamed.
D'oh, how could I have forgotten about that?! Thank you for telling me this anyway.
You need to create a wmv then Bink it! with Rad Video Tools. Higher resolutions require that your mod require the IncreasedVideoResolutionSupport hack.
I guess me having trouble with actually playing the movie in the game was inevitable... Okay, so a video of mine was exported in wmv format, "binked", and changed its extension to RMV. My CustomFiles.ini file redirects the original vuglogo.rmv movie to another path leading to a different version of the movie in my Resources folder (by using the [PathHandlers] section). The problem was that the game freezes (doesn't crash, but freezes) when it tries to play the movie. Then I'd have to close the game manually.
(I WAS going to just edit the post above, but it seems like it's a forgotten topic, and making a new post seems to gather the attention once more.)

What video editor do you people normally use to create your videos in WMV format? I'm not sure if different video editors have anything to do with having problems playing RMV movies that are binked WMV movies, 'cause I use VideoPad Video Editor to make my videos. I gotta see if doing almost the exact same thing you do will allow me to play the movie in-game correctly.