Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Avira antivirus says that this is a virus

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
So i started launch.exe and right after that avira removes the file and says it's a virus, what should i do and can i really trust this?
That always happens upon first trying to launch Lucas' Simpsons: Hit & Run Mod Launcher. I, and multiple others can assure you that it contains nothing harmful. You're anti-virus should have a feature of some sorts which allows you to "whitelist" files, which should allow you to open them.
Hi Colin,

This sounds like a false positive to me. Your anti-virus should have a way to mark something as an exception or add it to a whitelist.

If you don't want to take my word for it, you can take VirusTotal's. VirusTotal is a service that you can upload files and have dozens of virus definitions scan them for viruses. It was originally owned by Google; but Google sold it off to another company last year.

I ran all the files that execute code in multiplayer through VirusTotal and the results are listed below. No virus detection software recognized any of the files as a virus, including yours Avira.

Hope this helps!

- Jake
Thanks for everything and now i think i have enough proof to trust this and btw im new here so yea :D
This post has been removed.
1 yr ago (Edited 1 year ago)