Changelog for Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher 1.22.4
- Added the "-nocheckforupdates" command line argument. This prevents the Mod Launcher from checking for updates regardless of your setting.
- Added the "-language" command line argument. This allows you to override the language of the game.
- This doesn't work in the original English release of the game.
- This still requires you to provide the dialog RCF file for the language you're overriding to.
- Added the "-proxy" command line argument.
- Added the "-updatecheckurl" command line argument.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 1.13 where the Mod Launcher required Service Pack 1 of .NET 3.5 due to using functionality added in it.
- Fixed a crash in the Mod Launcher that occured when launching the game when there's no resolutions listed in the resolutions combo box and the windowed check box is checked but disabled.
- Made it so lucasstuff.com is considered a Donut Team domain.
- Made the Mod Launcher show a message after starting if Hack Support isn't loaded that tells you to make sure you extracted the ZIP file.
- Also added the "-nohacksupportcheck" to disable this.
- Made the game show an explanatory error message if there's no audio output device (or the Windows audio service isn't running) instead of crashing.
- Also added the "-noaudiodevicecheck" command line argument to disable this.
- Made it so "-allowignoremodconflicts" allows you to skip the error message the Mod Launcher shows when you're using the minimum install of the game.
- Made it so the file name of the game executable is selected by default on the Game tab.
- Made it so this window will get wider if needed to accomodate larger buttons/text from language localisation.
- Made it so the Mod Launcher will show a language selection dialogue on first launch if there's any additional languages or on subsequent launches if the languages have changed.
- Also added the "-noselectlanguage" command line argument. This disables this dialogue.
- Also added the "-selectlanguage" command line argument. This forces this dialogue to show up.
- Made localisation extend to various messages from Hack Support.
- Also added the "-nohacklanguagelocalisation" command line argument to opt out of this.
- Made certain proper nouns like the title of the Mod Launcher or "Donut Team" get substituted in various strings.
- There is full backwards compatibility with the old formats of these strings so old language packs still work.
A new template language (Template_1.22.4.xml) was published on this page including these new string formats as well as the original strings.
Hack: Hack SupportAdded the "-breakgame" command line argument. This break points the game as soon as possible after Hack Support is loaded.
Hack: Additional Script FunctionalityFixed an assert when starting a mission that has an "insidetrigger" or "outsidetrigger" objective or condition on its first stage.
Hack: Debug ChecksLocator Missing Detection is no longer referred to as experimental.
Changelog for SHAR MP 25
GeneralNow based on Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher 1.22.4.
LocalisationNow supports localisation. This does not affect most of the Multiplayer Launcher window but it does affect a few buttons, the account window and messages from Hack Support.
The multiplayer launcher will use your setting from the regular Mod Launcher if the selected language exists in a Languages folder next to it.
Download the new Mod Launcher update here.
Download the SHAR MP update here.