Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Some Questions About The PR Asset Discs

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I have some questions about the PR Asset Discs.

• Are there actually two? If there are, what content was on what disc?
  • What were they used for?
  • I've heard of a theory that they were given to journalists, etc, but if so, were both discs, or even all of the content given out to them? I ask this as there is a Folder inside of it titled "Simpsons Hit & Run - Vivendi Press Disc". Was only this Folder given? It would make sense, given the title and contents. Additionally, a lot of the content on the Disc(s?) doesn't seem like what a game developer would give journalists, such as the Gags list, Mission Walkthrough, etc.
  • Where were they found? Who dumped them?
Are there actually two? If there are, what content was on what disc?
Yep. I don't know what content was on what, that really doesn't matter I'd say. If you have the content, its all that we know about.

What were they used for?
PR, Press Release or Public Relations (either work) content used to be given to journlists for them to use screenshots/videos as a way of talking about upcoming games. Your next question is kind of answered by that. They were not supposed to publish the contents in its entirety, it was just used to talk about the game in some way.

Where were they found?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeG9E8w2pWI
Thanks, Jake.

I just watched the video you provided, and the person in it only showed off the contents of one of the discs. Said disc contained all of the Folders besides "Simpsons Hit and Run - Vivendi Press Disc", which must be on the other. So that's that answered.