how to change the dialogue in street race?

Posted in Mod Help
Unsubscribe from this topic
how to change the dialogue in street race?
In scripts.rcf, there's a file called "dialog.spt" - there's also dialog.spt that have other languages, but for this we'll cover the English one:

create daSoundResourceData named C_intro_1_convinit_Hom_L1R1
{
    AddFilename ( "conversations/C_intro_1_convinit_Hom_L1R1.rsd" 1.000000 )
    SetStreaming ( true )
}
create daSoundResourceData named C_intro_2_convinit_Mil_L1R1
{
    AddFilename ( "conversations/C_intro_2_convinit_Mil_L1R1.rsd" 1.000000 )
    SetStreaming ( true )
}

The format of these names go as this:

C_intro_1_convinit_Hom_L1R1

C = Identifies its a conversation
intro = The name of this dialogue. It can be changed in your mission script or in this case leveli.mfk
convinit = This is telling the game that this is part of a player-NPC dialog.
Hom = The character code used for which character is talking. You can view the character codes here: https://docs.donutteam.com/docs/hitandrun/misc/characters/
L1R1 = Level 1 Race 1, you'd use L1R2/L1R3 for the other races and L1B1 for the bonus mission.

---

You can look at this tutorial by Sparrow for information on how to add dialogue in general. The only difference with bonus or street races has to do with editing leveli.mfk with the correct information if you're changing the name of your dialogue.

Sparrow's Tutorial: https://donutteam.com/forum/topic/1351

If you have any other questions, you can reply to me on this thread and I can try to help.
There's also additional stuff you need to do if you want to change the character speaking in the bonus mission/streetraces. The bonus mission requires you to define a costume for the character called 'b_[character name]' Streetraces are a bit more complex I believe, as I've never done it before myself. Apologies for the kind of vague answers since I'm at school at the moment and can't check things.
Unsubscribe from this topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.