Forum Mod Bakery Docs

[DISCUSSION] What should be added to the new forum and the new mods website?

Posted in Announcements
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Community,

We're currently in the process of creating an updated experience for the forum and creating a new mods website. While we know what we have in mind, we'd like to hear your ideas. Anything goes as long as it relates to the website in some way.

The Forum
What we're planning on doing is completely reworking the forum from the inside out. The problem we face with the forum now is that it is slow, unresponsive, and somewhat confusing to use. Not only that, but it lacks features that are, for the most part, required.

Because we have not yet started development on the new forum, we don't have many ideas to continue yet. So please give any-and-all suggestions you have.

The Mod Website
We're currently planning a brand new mod website. This website will allow users to share mods created for our own titles as well as The Simpsons: Hit & Run.

Our ambition for this new mods website is to integrate it with the mod launcher as much as possible. We're currently discussing this with @lucasc190 about adding support for notifying you when a mod is ready to be updated, so long a sufficient information is supplied in the mod's meta file. This means for mod makers, distributing your mod would be much easier and your players will be notified whenever you release a change. We also will be looking into supporting beta channels, allowing users to download beta versions of your mods if you uploaded them.
What this means for the player is your content will be delivered to you without having to follow every step of the way.

Sincerely,
Jake Andreøli
Here's some suggestions:
-A better new post system.
- Keeps track of threads you've read
- Special icon next to threads with posts you haven't seen
- A button to jump to the most recent post in a thread
- Instead of showing the latest poster's avatar, show their name in a different column.
For example:
-BBCode buttons for while you're posting
-A preview button (to make sure that everything in your post is good)
-Better bios that show stuff like last post, power, ect.
Sorry if this sounds demanding, just throwing these out there.
Maybe a notification feature, telling you when someone comments on your post or you get mentioned.
Maybe a poll system so we no longer need to use Strawpoll?
how about a search bar so we can scavenge for older threads/posts? now i know this might encourage resurrecting dead threads, but if there's something useful or interesting on a certain thread, i think it'd be incredibly helpful.
Thank you for your feedback everyone. Keep it coming!

I unpinned the topic, though please continue giving suggestions.
I feel as though we could have an activity feed, where people can check one's profile to see what that person is doing or has done on this site.