Forum Mod Bakery Docs

I have 2 big problems with The Simpsons Hit & Run

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello! I recently wanted to return to The Simpsons Hit & Run to return to the old days. I started the same process with which I started the first time, downloading the ISO. But when I wanted to enter it did not let me, because the program told me that the "DirectX 8" was missing, while I have DirectX 12. I put in properties that the program could be compatible with versions of Windows 95 (The typical solution that everyone gives me ), after that, the program opened and went black, and never started. One solution I found was to use the Lucas Mod and from there enter, so I started downloading it. When it was downloaded, I tried to open it but it sent me this message:

"Lucas Simpsons & Run Launcher.exe - Application Error

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID = (from there it gives me random codes that are changing) Thread ID = (Same as random codes). "

I really don't know what it can be, and I'd like to know what it could be. Thanks to the second solution they gave me, I met a project where they are doing mods with audio modifications. I wanted to join this project, since I could not play it, at least I will collaborate from outside. For that I downloaded the Lucas RCF Explorer, and I had the same problem, and I don't know what to do anymore. I would have been satisfied with not being able to play, but now I want to support the project and I cannot because of the same problem without an online solution.

Before you ask me, yes. I uninstalled and installed the program as 3 times and it gave me the same problem. I even got to download a version of the game where the Launcher is ready, so that I installed the game and started playing right away, but I had the same problems.

I may not be able to play The Simpsons Hit & Run on this PC, but at least I want to know what to do with the Launchers, or with the RCF Explorer. And since I didn't find online solutions, I write these messages through this platform. Below I attach photos with the errors (one is in Spanish).

I ask you to please help me, as I want to collaborate with the project and play The Simpsons Hit & Run again. I await your response thank you very much.

(HereĀ“s the photo of the RCF Explorer):
Do you have the latest Microsoft .NET Framework installed? I believe Lucas' tools all require .NET 4.0 and above.

Download the latest version of the .NET framework and try open the mod launcher again.
dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework