Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Fixed Cell Phone Cars

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Makes the player visible whilst driving the Cell Phone Car vehicles. Optionally shrinks the player so that they don't clip through the roofs (you may enable this in the mod's settings).

Is compatible with the Demo game release. Is decompilable.

History

Rev. 1 (27th November 2019)
  • Initial release.

2.0 (15th April 2023)
  • Completely re-did the mod; general standardisation, optimisation and functional improvement.
  • Now allows optionally shrinking the player whilst inside the vehicles.

DOWNLOAD

[deleted user]
4 yrs ago (Statistics)
Thank you for making this mod! The invisibility issue has always bothered me since I got to drive these cars for first time (back in late 2000s) and I'm glad to see someone fixed them and released as a mod. I remember fixing these myself a couple of years ago (while backing up original game files) when I wanted to drive the Cell Phone Cars in free roaming mode with visible characters. It's a shame that the developers didn't catch this problem before the game was released, considering that no other vehicle in game makes the character invisible.

You mentioned that some of the characters are clipping through the roof of the car. This is true because the car seems a bit smaller than the character scale (in screenshots Bart seems to look fine but I know Homer, Marge and Apu will clip through the roof) and I know a couple of vehicles adjust the player character scale to make it smaller and fit correctly inside. I suggest to do the same for the Cell Phone Cars by setting character scale to around 0.65 (try to experiment with different sizes until you think it is the correct one, I personally used 0.65 in past and the characters looked fine). Note that the SetCharacterScale option is not set inside the Cell Phone Car con files, so you have to manually add this line (after SetIrisTransition line):
SetCharacterScale(0.65);

This should make the characters appear correctly inside car and no more clipping through the roof. Hope this helps!