Forum Mod Bakery Docs

modding GameCube ISOs?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I was wondering if we could mod GameCube versions, as I saw an old video of a Youtuber doing it on his youtube channel. I know it was very old, but he did it and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do it and can help me with it? I don't have the PC version of Simpsons hit and run, and I have the Gamecube ISO, so hope there is an way.
Technically you could, by modifying the game files. However, the hacks and features found in Lucas' Simpsons: Hit & Run Mod Launcher (as well as the many mods that rely on them) would not be usable. Additionally, the GameCube (maybe all console) versions have some odd and undocumented limitations.
@DeepFriedBurger Oh, well thank you for clarification, but they have ran donut mod on the Gamecube version, using a softmodded Wii, but maybe it was too good to be true, Thank you for the quick response!
"but they have ran donut mod on the Gamecube version"

I'm 1000% sure they didn't and you are confusing it with something else.
At best you can do some minor texture edits and some custom vehicles/characters with the consoles and that's as far as it goes really. Especially the GameCube version which is very stripped down in order to run. Donut Mod would be impossible to run on the GameCube and even if it did work, the mod is compiled so you wouldn't be able to extract the resources from it.

If you have the disc, there might be a way to use one of the homebrew mod launchers and use mods that way, Riivolution and Gecko are examples, But I don't know if they support GameCube games.
The console versions had some weird limitations. The PS2 has super underpowered hardware so the game ran at less than 30 FPS, the Gamecube (to my knowledge) had no environment maps, and the Xbox really had the best of the best as it seems all of the graphics modifications like the Refraction shader and Sphere Maps are from the Xbox version.