Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Thanks for (nearly) 7 years of modding!

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hey guys,

Just wanted to make a small appreciation post for everyone in the community that's helped us get this far. It's been almost 7 years since Project Donut, the first large scale mod for The Simpsons Hit and Run, was started, and in those years its successor, Donut Mod, and we as a community have come an incredibly long way.

I joined the community in early 2016, and was promoted to moderator soon after. I've worked on many projects during my time here, the most (in)famous one being SHAR: Yellow Shift, a re-imagining of the original game told from different characters' viewpoints. Due to rough patches in my life and lack of motivation, most of my projects never came to full fruition, but I had a ton of fun working on them, especially as a team with other people.

Since I've joined, Donut Team's primary project, Donut Mod, has gone through many changes, and I'm amazed at what the current version has to offer. From a grand government heist mission starring Bart to well crafted and detailed new areas to explore, its incredible what the team has managed to pull off using the game's fairly limited (but expanding) resource pool. Other works of theirs, like the Additional Script Functionality and CustomTriggerActions hacks have allowed modders to create incredible things that I could only dream of when I first arrived here.

But most of all, the community here has been what I've enjoyed the most. It's been a highlight of the past few years being able to interact with you guys and see all the incredible stuff you've made. From the old classics like Will Johnson's Mischievous Night and Thomas Donofri's Wiggum in Zombieland, to cutting edge new arrivals like Colou's COPS: In Springfield and the Union's Springfield Noire: Reinvestigated, to seasonal delights like Sparrow's A Christmas in Springfield and Kenny Giles' Autumn Theme, to wacky crossovers like Nightbane's Annoy Squidward and SomeBot's Metal Arms In Springfield, to ambitious long term projects like Donut Team's Donut Mod and Road Rage Returns and Will Johnson's Futurama: Hit and Run, to just straight up crazy nightmare projects like TeamGay's SHAR: HolyF*** Edition and Nightbane's Multi-Meme, you guys have managed to bring new life to a favorite game of mine that was 10 years dead in the ground, and I love you for it.

I'd like to make a special thanks to Lucas Cardellini who has almost singlehandedly created all of the tools necessary to mod the game, and to the rest of the Donut Team staff who have put countless hours in to make this community cutting edge, fun, and accessible, and who have also become some of my best friends.

Happy New Year, and I hope for another decade of great content and experiences!

Awww (=^ ◡ ^=). I've got a warm fuzzy feeling now.

Its sad to hear you had motivational issues, it seems a lot of people have had similar problems and that is what it is. I agree with your message, It has been breathtaking seeing a game I have loved live with a thriving community, a whole community I had no idea about until two years ago, continue to be loved and supported with new mods and hacks and like you said with a HUGE variety in mods from "serious" campaigns telling a story all the way to Multi-Meme and Randomiser.

ᴴᵃᵛᶦⁿᵍ ˢᵃᶦᵈ ᵗʰᵃᵗ, ᴵ ᶠᶦⁿᵈ ᶦᵗ ˢᵃᵈ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗᶦᵐᵉˢ ʷʰᵉⁿ ᴵ ˢᵉᵉ ᵖᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ ᶦⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵘⁿᶦᵗʸ ᶠᶦᵍʰᵗᶦⁿᵍ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰᶦⁿᵍˢ ᵗʰᵉʸ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ˢᵃᶦᵈ ᵖʳᵉˢᵉⁿᵗ ᵒʳ ᵖᵃˢᵗ ᵒʳ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵈᵘᵐᵇ ᵗʰᶦⁿᵍˢ ˡᶦᵏᵉ ᵇᵘˢ ˢᵗᵒᵖˢ.
i just happen to come across this site today. I remember playing this game vaguely years ago so I'm glad I stumbled upon it. I just finished up Resident Evil 2 so I'm hoping to give this game another go.