Blender 2.79/2.8X to Pure3D Static Phys Collision

Posted in Mod Resources
Unsubscribe from this topic
With huge help from Josh/Proddy and Lucas Cardellini I was able to develop a tool that exports Blender Cuboid Objects (or their bound boxes) into fully working Pure3D StaticPhys collision chunks.

LINKS:
Demonstration(from imgur album):

TODO:
  • rewrite entire add-on to support direct .p3dxml files
  • 2.79 compatibility
  • 2.8 JSON import + 2.79 JSON import
  • cylinder support
  • Sphere support?
Is there a way to get it to work with 2.79?
I'll look into backwards compatibility sometime later today as I don't even have 2.79 installed. (Although I stongly suggest you use 2.8 if possible)
This is AWESOME. I can't wait for 2.79 compatability, as I mainly use that.
I only did the easy part of writing a P3D file, credit to yourself for the annoying maths required.
Finally, the lives of modders are gonna be 20% more easier
Спасибо товарищ! :)
I like how users are now going ahead and creating custom collision (and mods that use it/tools that help create it) as opposed to what the situation was a while ago where mainly people just waited for the Model Builder.
  • Added 2.79 version
  • Added import functionality
I like how users are now going ahead and creating custom collision (and mods that use it/tools that help create it) as opposed to what the situation was a while ago where mainly people just waited for the Model Builder.

DeepFriedBurger
WOAS approached me with an idea based on the fact I had some experience with P3D files. It just kinda worked out that he could get the info out of Blender and I could write the file. In a perfect world I'd know Python enough to write the file from Python rather than writing JSON then using an external app to read the data out of JSON into a P3D file. If there's other things that could be automated in a similar way I'm happy to help out.
Unsubscribe from this topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.