Blender 2.8X/2.79: Pure3DXML animation converter (Custom Animations!)

Posted in Mod Resources
Unsubscribe from this topic
Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive. This facility blender add-on makes it the most versatile and explicit means of communication yet devised for quick mass appreciation. Walt Disney Weasel On A Stick

Thanks to the p3dxml feature I was able to develop yet another nifty add-on. It allows you to edit SHaR's animations fully inside blender.
How to import animations in blender:

• Download and install the zip file as a blender add-on(download link below)
  • Select an armature you want the animation to be applied to
  • File>Import>Animation Chunk (.p3dxml)
  • ???
  • Profit
How to export animations from blender and into p3d:

• Download and install the zip file as a blender add-on(download link below)
  • Select an armature you want the animation to extract the animation from (read warnings below)
  • File>Export>Animation Chunk (.p3dxml)
  • Now open your desired .p3d file with Latest (4.3+) version of Lucas' Pure3D Editor
  • Import the p3dxml file as an animation chunk and use it wherever you want
  • Profit

⚠ WARNING ⚠

There are a few caveats to SHaR animations.
  • Every animation group has to have either 3,4,7 or 10 channels: Location, Rotation(Quaternion), Loc+Rot or Loc+Rot+Scale. Any group that doesn't fit the criteria is skipped when exported and flashes a warning. (I might fix this to be less inconvenient, but not now)
  • For animations to look closest in-game, please use "Circular" Interpolation mode for Quaternion rotation and "Linear" for location.
  • Some animations may look buggy in-game (limbs flipping for split seconds etc.), try baking your animations on every 1-2 frames and exporting that.
  • Currently online p3d viewer does not display exported animations as in-game. Double-check them yourself before complaining!
Download the add-on
Demo .blend project

All the magnificent creations (I could find so far) created using this add-on in no particular order

Please report all bugs either to me on discord(link in bio) or in this comment section.
Happy modding!
You sir, are the best thing to happen to this community in a while
Now I'm hyped to see someone animate Homer default dancing, hell yeah
Insert funny pun relating to the topic here.
[removed]7 months
Added support for 2.79
New in 1.6:
fixed rotation interpolation that caused some single-frame glitches
added support for blender's default auto-keying (LocRotScale)
Also edited the post to include some tips for better results
And you make gomer??Ha
The community has voted this post below the point threshold. This means the post is either viewed as inaccurate, unhelpful or does not contribute to this thread.
Unsubscribe from this topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.