Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Game won't load after launcher

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
So I've installed SHAR and have the disc in, and after the game launcher, the game doesn't load. my mouse will blink and then nothing happens. I'm running in compatibility mode with Windows XP Service pack 3. After a little while of waiting a message pops up asking if the game had loaded correctly, and asks to troubleshoot. After troubleshooting, it suggests running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP service pack 3. Which is what I'm already doing. I've checked through task manager to make sure it's not running in the background, and well as turned on Legacy Components + DirectPlay. Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Tried using Lucas Mod Launcher as well, and it has the same results.
Hi Synndi,

When you installed the game did you go through all 3 disks?

When using the mod launcher you don't need to use compatibility mode, could you try disabling that and trying again please?

Thanks,
Josh
Hi Josh,

During installation, I selected full install and it had only asked me for disc 1 & 2.
Disabling comparability mode and relaunching through the mod menu did not work either.
H Synddi,

Can I ask what OS you're running and what version of DirectX is installed please?

Thanks,
Josh