Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Mod Launcher newer than v1.21 crashes with authorization exception

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi all,

I realized that every single release of Mod Launcher newer than version 1.21 crashes on my PC (Win10 64bit, i5 9600k, GTX1060, 16GB RAM) with an Unauthorized Access Exception (accessdenied) no matter what I try?!?

Help is much appreciated! Thanks.
Hi Sam,

Could you please do the following:
Create a text file next to the launcher's executable called "CommandLine"
In the file put -nofixpinnedshortcuts
Try the launcher again

Thanks,
Josh
Hi Josh,

you`re the man! That did the trick perfectly fine!!! Thanks a lot for your advice. :-bd

By the way, whats the matter that it didnt work before (without the textfile)? Does it vaguely have to do with admin rights?!? I am just curious.

Thanks again! Good job.

Sam
Hi Sam,

I'm not entirely sure on the root cause, however you're not the first user it's happened to.

Could you confirm your OS (and version if W10), and whether you have the mod launcher pinned to your taskbar or start screen/menu please?
EDIT: I'm blind and just read the post again. If you can confirm your W10 version (run winver and it should say), as well as where you have it pinned (if anywhere)

Thanks,
Josh
I am using "Windows 10 Pro" Version 1909 (Build 18363.778). Should be latest or at least close, I guess.

Mod Launcher folder is located in games folder c:\programs(x86)\<game folder>\<Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher 1.23.12>. There you can find the exe, now the CommandLine.txt and both folders DLLs and Mods.

Please keep us posted if you get to know the reason for this problem which is now solved thanks to you! Much appreciated!!!

Best regards

Sam
By the way: I am starting mod launcher via shortcut / link of exe placed on desktop. If that matters!?

Thx

Sam
Is the mod launcher pinned to your taskbar or start menu, or just the desktop shortcut?
It`s not pinned to anything. There is just the desktop shortcut which I created myself by right clicking. Nothing else.
No worries then. The issue should be fixed in the next update, so you'll hopefully be able to remove the CommandLine file on that update.
Many thanks! Good to hear it will be fixed though quick fix with CommandLine works perfectly.