Forum Mod Bakery Docs

No audio

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I've been trying to play the game using the mod launcher but everytime it comes up with the error saying that I need to plug in an input device and there is no audio before the error appears. I have my USB headphones plugged in so I don't know what the problem is? I had version 1.11 of the launcher and the audio was there and it would let me play the game, but that's not the case when I try and use version 1.24 or 1.25.
I've referred this issue to Lucas and will follow up with you when I have more details from him
Hi ecliptic,

Just a quick test before Lucas gets back to you, with the launcher closed, could you create a text file next to the mod launcher executable called Command line, and then put -noaudiodevicecheck
in it please? Try and launch the game again afterwards and tell me if it works please.

Thanks,
Josh
With the text file, the game acts pretty similarly where the game will close after I try to interact with something on the menu, but the error message isn't present.
As stupid as this might sound, have you tried rebooting? Windows 10 is known for having some wonky audio issues.
Unfortunately it's no different after rebooting.
With the text file, the game acts pretty similarly where the game will close after I try to interact with something on the menu, but the error message isn't present.

So the game closing with the command like argument means that, as far as the game in concerned, there isn't an audio device present. SHAR is hard coded to interact with the default audio device, and if there isn't one, it crashes.

I would suggest checked the drivers for your USB headset. If that doesn't work let us know and we'll go from there.

Thanks,
Josh

Edit: If you want to just play the game without audio in the meantime, there is a hack on the Settings tab called No Audio. This allows the game to launch without any audio devices.
I tried using my bluetooth earphones and the game launches with audio and everything. It seems to only do it with my razer headset. At least we know it's either something wrong with Razer headsets/software or mine in particular.
I tried using my bluetooth earphones and the game launches with audio and everything. It seems to only do it with my razer headset. At least we know it's either something wrong with Razer headsets/software or mine in particular.

What version of Windows are you on? I think I might've just had an idea.
Also, do you have discord? Is just easier for instant communication. If you do, you can just the DT discord here.

Thanks,
Josh