Halloween is upon us. This year, we'd like to kick our annual Trick or Treat event off by having a creator contest. Read on for contest rules and prizes.
Event Rules & Guidelines
- Your mod may be submitted for any of the following categories. (i.e. you can create a vehicle, but you do not have to submit for a costume)
- You may submit to multiple categories.
- You may submit multiple times to ONE category.
- All skill levels are accepted from novice modder to veteran creator.
- Your mod does not have to be decompilable.
- Submissions are eligible between October 22nd, 2020 at 12:00 AM UTC - October 28th, 2020 at 11:59 PM UTC.
- The Donut Team Staff will judge each submission that is submitted within the aforementioned timeframe.
- The Donut Team Staff are encouraged to participate, however Staff entries will not be counted towards the contest.
- Winners will be announced on October 31st, 2020.
- Entries must be original work, you may not submit anything made before 12:00 AM UTC on October 1st, 2020.
- Prizes include:
- Profile badges (for each category submitted)
- Part of the Community Highlight video reel in November
- Featured on Donut Team homepage
- $10 USD Steam Card (Limit: 3 Winners, 1 each category)
- No purchase necessary for entry or to win.
All entries that pass these rules and guidelines will be showcased on a Trick or Treat event page launching on October 31st, 2020.
Create an entirely new character or costume for a character. Maybe add a new ghost costume for Bart? This costume should be available from a clothes shop and easy to obtain.
- You may submit new characters, new costumes or reskins of original costumes.
- Do not "port" characters from other sources unless it does more than just the character model (i.e. character voices, new animations, etc. are all acceptable for ports)
Create an entirely new vehicle or reskin an existing vehicle in Halloween fashion. No, flames and skulls on Bart's car is not spooky.
- You may submit new cars or reskins of original cars.
- Do not "port" cars from other sources unless it does more than just the car model (i.e. custom engine/horn sounds, new animations, etc. are all acceptable for ports)
Create frightening missions and/or spooky experiences with level mods.
Level mods can be any of the following:
- Campaign mods (creating new missions).
- Texture mods for the level or levels.
- Completely new areas for the level or levels.
Mission Mod Requirements:
- Mission mods may include 1-50 missions.
- Your mission mod should be marked as a "Main" mod.
- Your mission mod should finish with a credits sequence.
Please ensure you flair your topic accordingly.
- Creator Event (Costumes Only) is for mods that only feature custom costumes, or the costumes section of this piece.
- Creator Event (Vehicles Only) is for mods that only feature custom vehicles, or the vehicles section of this piece.
- Creator Event is for any mod that features Level/Mission mods or a mix of Costumes/Vehicles.
Ensure you've used the correct flair, otherwise your entry may be missed.
If you have any questions, please ask us in the replies below and we'll be sure to answer them!