Forum Mod Bakery Docs

How can I modify the animations?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi, I'm new, I want to modify a character's animation, replacing it with Marge's. How to do this?
I don't know what else to do, I changed the name inside the file and the name of the file and other absurd things. I am in doubt.

If there is an error in what I wrote, it is because I used google translator (seriously it is a total mess at the time of translation).

Sincerely MrBeer867.

Okay so, let's say you will want to get Marge's animation on homer1
To achieve that, you go in scripts\missions\level01\leveli.mfk
You must go to the line that has
AddCharacter("homer", "homer");
You will want to replace homer with marge. and will now be playing as both marge with her animation.
If you want to use your animation for characters OTHER than marge, then you will want to go to art\chars
From there, you will copy marge's animation (marge.cho) and rename it to any other character skeleton, for example we'll take ned.
Copy marge.cho and rename it to ned.cho first. Open ned.cho with any text editor (I suggest notepad++, it is free and very useful.) and simply replace the word marge with ned. Don't replace 'mrg' though, because that's part of an animation name and you really shouldn't touch them for this one easy thing.
When you're done with ned.cho, you will want to make a copy of marge_a.p3d and rename it to ned_a.p3d.and you're good to go.You will now have this animation called ned and you can now simply go scripts\missions\level01\leveli.mfk and simply edit the code and make it look like
AddCharacter("ned", "ned");
Remember, this works with ALL of the game characters and ned was just an example. If you want to achieve homer with marge's animation, simply copy marge.cho, rename it to homer.cho and replace marge with homer everywhere inside it, then copy marge_a.p3d and rename it homer_a.p3d
I hope this satisfies you
Helped, thank you very much!