Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Converting Vehicles From Other Games

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I've got a few questions for the team/anyone:

How easy would it be to convert vehicles from other games (say racing games) into Hit and Run?

Does Hit and Run use a proprietary file format or can meshes be imported/exported relatively easily?

Are there limitations on mesh complexity i.e. poly count?

It would be interesting to see real-life vehicles in the game. There are sites like www.nfscars.net/ that host hundreds of car files for the various NFS games. If a conversion process could be worked out and documented I think we could see an explosion of custom vehicles for the game. Who knows, maybe the best ones or community favourites could find their way into Donut Mod.

Having a look online and within the mod shows it can be done (e.g. Trevor's Canis Bodhi).

Would people like to see this happen?

Thanks
It's not really difficult, more tedious. The publicly released tools are probably much harder. I believe we're releasing a new tool soon to make it easier.

It uses P3D files that contain any and all information for vehicles, the world, ect. With Pure3D Editor, we can export and import OBJ files.

There are no known limitations with models. Though custom animations are currently not possible.

We'd love to have community cars in Donut Mod, and we promise once this new tool is released we'll document how to do all of these things from start to finish as it is a very hot topic.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
This is huge! Is there any ETA on this new tool? I would love to contribute some conversions to the site. On a related note, are there any plans to add community mods to the Mods section of the site (e.g. JRUN Reborn)?

I'm going to look in to importing a .obj of a Dodge Challenger into the game.
Hi, me too wanna add vehicles to game