Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Sideshow Mel character model (Edit: Also Sherri / Terri & the hounds)

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I made a character model for Sideshow Mel using his hair and clothes from The Simpsons Skateboarding and combining it with other SHAR character models. Feel free to use in any mods and to improve it any way you feel necessary. This is the first proper character model I've made so there probably are ways it can be upgraded.

1drv.ms/u/s!AuWncdtY0pCUau4DWMu9AcCUyE0

Looks really nice for a first attempt at a completely custom model! I always enjoyed how odd Mel’s design is with the blue hair and bone in the middle. You did a great job on the head.

Thanks for sharing!
Look at this video. I used your model and added dialogue to him from "Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part Two)". He only speaks when he's attacked by a pedestrian, not a vehicle. Don't worry, I put credits to you on the YouTube video description.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6B2jrCt8s&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=VinceHutter
@BleedingGumsHibbert nice one! Hopefully more dialogue will emerge that can be used for him.

I've now created two models based on the hounds by modifying their Simpsons Skateboarding models and a Sherri / Terri model, who like with Mel, I created using hair and clothes from Skateboarding and combining with Hit & Run models.

For the hounds I only made them into obj files since I didn't know how I'd incorporate them into p3ds with them being four legged animals.

Unfortunately that seems to be it for Skateboarding characters that weren't also in Hit & Run, Road Rage or any already existing mods. Martin was in Skateboarding but of course he already has a custom SHAR model in Donut Mod. That said, in the prototype there are bears and might be more animals in the game files that are worth looking at.
1drv.ms/u/s!AuWncdtY0pCUa0u1cweDnWo_R9s
1drv.ms/u/s!AuWncdtY0pCUbF-UzBIbZ5RowkE?e=seoLTF

Already mentioned it in the Discord (through the #general-discussion channel), but yeah the Terri model turned out great! She was the one recurring secondary kids character I was always surprised Radical never added as some type of ambient NPC, and it turned out quite nicely. Seeing more people dissect the Skateboarding prototype is fascinating. I think the unused hound models would potentially work okay for a gag if someone could find a good way to rig them up for some animations.

Unfortunately that seems to be it for Skateboarding characters that weren't also in Hit & Run, Road Rage or any already existing mods. Martin was in Skateboarding but of course he already has a custom SHAR model in Donut Mod. That said, in the prototype there are bears and might be more animals in the game files that are worth looking at.

Just because one mod did it doesn't mean I feel you should have to limit yourself (unless you feel satisfied with the Martin model from Donut Mod). Go for it if you'd like to create it and add it to a potential character pack. A bear model seems like it'd be a bit easier to work into a playable character (and might be handy for re-creating this scene from Much Apu About Nothing).

I do also know that Willj99had ended up pointing out to me in a private Discord server to me that the final release of Simpsons Skateboarding has a couple of small alternative costumes if you clear the game 100% as one player character. Actually have to ask Will for it since I'm not aware of any decent footage showcasing them exclusively. Be cool to see if these model edits could be adapted to the SHAR models as alternative costumes?
I accidentally deleted my mod using the Sideshow Mel model, dang, I thought I deleted a copy but it was the only one. But anyway yeah that's a great model of Terri, cheat reality you make an exact copy and you have Sherri as well, lol
This post has been removed.
3 yrs ago (Statistics)
The Simpsons Skateboarding is only available for PS2 so I'm assuming to play it on your PC you used PCSX2. Which software did you use to get a copy of the model (parts)? I know there's Ninjaripper but when you use PCSX2 on it, it only works for the textures, not the models because they just appear as 2D squares
I use the built-in model dumper that's present in older versions of PCSX2, in my case version 0.9.8. The models come out skewed but can be readjusted with Blender although you'll want the game in freecam mode with it at a distance to get the full object. I've also used it to get models of the levels but it'll be a huge effort to get them close to how they're supposed to look and with the textures assigned.
Ok thanks!