Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Help with changing introduction movie

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I have noticed that a few mods have replaces the introduction video before the main menu with one of there own creation, and I haven't seen any tutorials on how to do it so I was wondering if someone who has succesfully done it before could tell me how I could replace the intro video (the one where homer kills the wasp) with one of my own creation.
All introduction movies are just BIK files renamed to RMV. You can just download RAD video tools and generate one. You'll need to play with the settings to get it working, and I can't remember any other requirements.

@Duckdotexe will know if there are any
Thanks ill. When I get a chance ill try it out.
To add to Jake's statement, by default, the game's RMVs have to be at the resolution of 640x480. If they're not, the game will not play them back correctly...

...Unless you use one of Lucas' hacks.

RequiredHack=IncreasedVideoResolutionSupport

Putting this in your Meta.ini under the RequiredHack section will allow you to bypass that 640x480 limit, and allow you to make much higher resolution videos that can be put into SHAR.

Keep in mind that you might want to play around with the video settings in order to see if you can get good quality without making the video file needlessly bloated. I forget how to access these options, but they shouldn't be too hard to find and you can tinker with them to see what you like.

On one final note, if you're having issues with getting Bink to convert a video properly (as in it doesn't convert the sound and you just get video), I found online that some people recommend you install the Combined Community Codec Pack. After installing this, my incredibly mixed results with Bink seemingly disappeared, but you don't have to install it if you're able to get a video to convert fine.
@Kenny Giles Thanks this helped me a lot and I managed to get a video in with sound and play properly.