Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Possibly change the difficulty style

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I've noticed with the vanilla game the difficulty continues to increase slowly from level to level. But with the Donut Mod, it gets harder faster as the level continues, and when a new level is unlocked, the difficulty becomes as easy as the 1st level's 1st mission. And the difficulty gets harder as you progress through the level. But when you unlock the next level, the difficulty goes back down again. That's my only nitpick with this mod. Otherwise it's near-perfect. The difficulty is not really consistent either. Missions like M3 are intermediate, and then M4 gets really hard. And back again. Then again I don't have the best keyboard, but I see the inconsistencies with the difficulty. I understand you guys got a lot to do with the mod, and if you respond I thank you,

Hipporeno
We've been working on trying to rebalance the difficulty some which you might like. A lot of people have expressed that the Normal difficulty as it stands is too difficult for some players, so we plan on nerfing it to try and match the game's original difficulty to the best of our ability. You should hopefully see a newer release sometime soon that tries to balance the game.

Hellfish might also get nerfed in a couple of areas just for the sake of making the difficulty more consistent.

And we appreciate the kind words!
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Thanks! You guys are the best!